Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever used the raptor mufflers? The guy at the parts store said that they can sound as good as the flowmasters but I don't know what they would sound like on a v6

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
I believe those are made by Flowtech, right? It's just a cheap knock-off of Flowmasters. If you don't want to shell out the money for Flowmasters, go with Thrush Welds. They're like half the price of Flowmasters and produce a similar sound.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah they are made by flowtech they look the exact same as the flowmasters they just aren't welded I just wanted cheapies to get me buy for now until I can get a full exhaust system. But the guy said they sounded good on his blazer but lasted about 2 years

·
Registered
928 Posts
Blazer....Mustang....not the slightest bit similar and thats with any type of either vehicle if your set on doing an exhaust id wait and not do it twice rather than have to deal with an exhaust you hate id rather have stock than a crappy sounding one atleast the stock was free

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well that's the issue when I pulled the motor out to switch it the car was on jack stands and fell off them during the nasty storm and pretty much ruined the stock pipe from the y back so I was going to cut the y off and run 2 1/4 pipe to the mufflers and dump it right infront of the rear end. I have all the pipe and I can get the mufflers for 40 for the pair

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Well if you absolutely need mufflers at the moment and can't afford the Flowmasters, then go ahead and go with the Flowtechs. Just remember they are a knock-off and won't end up giving as nice of a sound as Flowmasters, plus they won't hold up as long. I've actually heard of exhaust shops ripping people off and installing Flowtechs instead of the Flowmasters the customers paid for.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well if you absolutely need mufflers at the moment and can't afford the Flowmasters, then go ahead and go with the Flowtechs. Just remember they are a knock-off and won't end up giving as nice of a sound as Flowmasters, plus they won't hold up as long. I've actually heard of exhaust shops ripping people off and installing Flowtechs instead of the Flowmasters the customers paid for.
If I had someone do pro work and paid 160 for raptor mufflers someone would be getting the tire iron treatment

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
If I had someone do pro work and paid 160 for raptor mufflers someone would be getting the tire iron treatment
I'd just cut them out and return them. Most likely through their front window at night but they'd get returned nonetheless.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts