Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just finished installing a raptor shift/launch light & thought I'd pass on how it went. first off their instruction's are non-existant as far as wiring hook up (not a big problem but why do they ask you what kinda car your putting it in if they're gonna send you generic directions?). they do have a mustang how-to no their web site but it's for a shift light only & your on your own to figure out the speed sensor wire (dark green with a white stripe by the way). install went easy enough (come's with 2 mounting clips & I used the instrament cluster bezel screw above the volt meter to mount the clip) & the programing instruction's were pretty clear. 2 big problems I found is the light isn't very bright compaired to other shift light's I've used & the launch feature isn't very smart as far as shutting off when the car starts moving. it does seem to work fine other than that & very east install (no tach interface box to buy). all in all I'd give it about a 5 out of 10

·
June 2010 ROTM
1,913 Posts
I just installed the shift light a few weeks ago, so i cant speak for the launch part.

I followed these instructions... How To Install a Raptor Shift Light on your Mustang

Which I found to be "dead on balls accurate" Perfect.

I love mine. It took me over an hour to install, taking my time. But now, it would take about 30 min. start to finish. Simple install and I highly recommend it.

Here's a pic of mine:

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
What are the advantages of a Shift light with an auto besides Manualy shifting? I thought you just left yours in D and went.Have any pics of the shiftlight installed?

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't really buy it for the shift light as yes I do just leave the car in drive, I bought it for the launch light. sorry no pic's yet.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
I didn't really buy it for the shift light as yes I do just leave the car in drive, I bought it for the launch light. sorry no pic's yet.
Wow i feel like a noob asking questions lol but how is the launch light used,how does it work etc.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pretty simple. you set the desired rpm you want to launch at & bring the car up on the converter/brake's untill the light comes on & wait for the last yellow.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
I plan on gettin one just for the shift light portion...is it worth it for that?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Yes its worth it. specially since you are a manual wishihada5.0, you will become more accurate on your shifting and be more consistant

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I plan on gettin one just for the shift light portion...is it worth it for that?
can't hurt. although I'd leave off the limiter in a stick, the launch light may help you out also, it's only a few buck's extra.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Casper,

You may have overlooked the instructions for the dual mode light. It's at the bottom of the page for the 99-2004 Mustangs.

"If installing a Raptor dual mode shift light (w/launch mode), connect the white wire of the shift light to pin #68 of ECM connector (white wire with orange stripe). This is the vehicle speed output signal from the ECM."

Anyway, when connected to this wire (Pin #68 ) you should not have a problem with the light staying on in first gear.

Sorry, not trying to spam the boards, just trying to help.

Thanks.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
can't hurt. although I'd leave off the limiter in a stick, the launch light may help you out also, it's only a few buck's extra.
leaving off the limiter = smoke show (in my case anyway) lol now all I gotta do is pony up some cash for this thing....my teacher expects me to buy some $120 calculator so this might have to wait lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts