Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, a few time ago i made a post about a sound coming from my transmission, well i already changed de oil of the transmission , bearings and synchros, and the sound is still there, the sound dissapears when y push on the cluth pedal, other thing i want to know its about the sound of the steering, my father had a ford aerostar and he got this sound too, also my mothers taurus had it, i think it is a ford factory problem , i want to know how to solve it .

here is a video of my stang so you can hear the sound im talking. i step on the cluth every time the sound dissapears and wen i release it the sound appears again.

Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i also note that my idle after i took out the intake muffler and put a 3" pipe there was about 750 rpms, and now its about 1k rpms , why that happend? how do i return my idle to 750 ? o0

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
First off, you used your old throw out bearing didnt you? That is your issue with the noise MOST LIKELY. and the power steering is definately a ford factory thing, it is not fixable, even replacement parts do the same thing. the idle issue might be because you lowered the restriction and it needs to re learn the idle, or you need to back off your idle screw.

·
Registered
29 Posts
when i got my mustang for the firts time i had that same problem with the intake. i found that the guy that had it before me messed around with the iddle cause the trottle body was dirty. when i went to a less ristrictive tube it idled high. i cleanned the trotle body and reset the screw and my car did way better. as far as the stering i also think that it is a normal problem that ford had. not a big deal as it does not affect anything really.... as far as your tranny making noice, yes your trow out bearing is most likely the issue that or your clutch springs might be too loose wich at that point just get a new clutch. but first try the trow out bearing. good luck. let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i listened to your video again and just remembered. on my 95 mustang gt i had it that loud sound when it came with the stearing wheel and it turned out that it way my power stearing pump that was going out, the noice got louger when it was too low in power stearing fluid. i changed the pump and most of the sound went away but it was still there a bit.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
That sound might actually be the input gear, it sounds like there may be a chipped tooth, or a bad input bearing, or countershaft bearing. Does it make the sound while driving? and if so in what gears? it is still most likely the throwout.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
thanks for for answers, Mike the sound is there all the time with all gears, and in neutral too as you can see on the video just dissapears when i push the clutch, and yes i used the old throwout bearing, but when i changed the clutch disk , i took the hole clutch system to a machinery, the recficate the flywell and all that stuff, and they told me that my throwout bearing was ok. Maybe they were wrong :S.

Im checking the transmission manual and they say that i must use an automatic transmission fluid ? o0

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
thanks for for answers, Mike the sound is there all the time with all gears, and in neutral too as you can see on the video just dissapears when i push the clutch, and yes i used the old throwout bearing, but when i changed the clutch disk , i took the hole clutch system to a machinery, the recficate the flywell and all that stuff, and they told me that my throwout bearing was ok. Maybe they were wrong :S.

Im checking the transmission manual and they say that i must use an automatic transmission fluid ? o0
Yes you do use ATF lol. If it does it all the time except when you are pushing the clutch down, it might be a gear inside the tranny. Its probably not good.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
uhm, if its a gear im gonna be in serious problems lol o0, i hope that the problem is the throwout bearing or the imput shaft bearing.

thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts