Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had heard a rattle in the mach since I bought it and its coming somewhere in the engine. I thought I saw a thread about it before here but I couldn't find it. The only time I hear the rattle is when i am barely on the gas just maintaining speed on flat ground so I dont hear it too often but I was just wondering if this is something that needs fixing or just an annoyance I have to deal with.

·
Banned
848 Posts
I had heard a rattle in the mach since I bought it and its coming somewhere in the engine. I thought I saw a thread about it before here but I couldn't find it. The only time I hear the rattle is when i am barely on the gas just maintaining speed on flat ground so I dont hear it too often but I was just wondering if this is something that needs fixing or just an annoyance I have to deal with.

More details please. Is it on the driver side? passanger? underbody? front? I know the minor annoyance 03-04 machs usually deal with is head tick but thats more of a slap than a rattle. Something may be loose and under acceleration the rattle increases?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
honestly i havent found quite where it is because i cant get out of my car and hear it at a stop. its only when ill barely be on the gas just to maintain speed and it rattles. it sounds like its coming from around the shaker but no clue. it checked out when i bought it from the dealership so ya. when i get on it or am slowing down i hear nothing but its a fairly loud rattle. It kinda sounds like it could be a head tick but then it doesnt. havent heard anything like it before. i thought maybe it was a belt or something and they are all nice and tight. wouldnt head ticks be constant?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Not so much constant, But definatly more frequent than that. Just get under there and touch, shake, move, and just in general give everthing exterior that moves a once over. A rattle can be anything from a tensioner starting to go out to god knows what. Check the bolts holding the shaker down. Manual or Auto?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a 5 speed. i already gave everything a once over trying to find the stupid thing. I know the other day there was a squeak under the hood somewhere and went away like a day later. Thought it might be like the water pump or some pulley but i suppose it was just the cold. I guess I could take it to ford and ask them to check the heads to see if one is messed up but i dont think its a head. I guess ill have to go out again tomorrow and re-check everything lol

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Check all your exhaust connections too. Migt be one of the ball fitting flanges. Those little rattles are a PITA. I have a little high pitched squeal at part throttle. Only when its realy cold and it only last for a few minutes but its annoying as hell.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Check your wiper washer fluid container. I had bad rattle it was the container, I'll explain. The container is held to the inner fender on the drivers side there is a weak point and the metal cracks. It was driving me nuts I fixed it and the car rides like a rock now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts