Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i know i should post this in the electronics section but there is no one in there, but i got new subs for my car and they hit so so hard but something in or around my trunk rattles SO LOUD.
i have no spare tire or jack in my trunk
could this be the gt rear bumper

·
Registered
811 Posts
yea mine does it to:( makes me angry. it's actually kind of imbarising to play them loudly. when the weather gets better i will start to work on getting it airtight. if yoiu find any tips out let me know. would love to get it to stop. i think it's just a matter of tightening down all the bolts and possibly dynamatt.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Let me know if you find a way to get it to stop rattling, mine does it too and it sounds horrible (especially when I have the top down, cuz then its like I'm listening to the rattling from outside the car).

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
that sucks, every mustang guy has this problem lol.. my suggestion would be turn your music down but turn your bass up all the way and listen for the rattles in your trunk and see where they are coming from then try to fix it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
mine does it also. my buddy told me that if you buy some like foam liner and line where the trunk touches the body everywhere then it will go away some. also he said to dynamat it or insulate it. i dont want to but like i HATE that rattling. i also secured my spare and jack down and wrapped them up so they dont rattle. but it rattles my entire car so i dont know. if anyone has anything that would be sweet.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
What setup do you have?

Anyway, It'll never go away...
Unless you cement your trunk...

But to make it better dynamat [or a product similar] works good, some rattle comes from the rear bumper [put your knee up against it while the car is playing] and some is the spoiler. If the license plate isn't tight thats another BIG cause of it.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Oh I was talking to the OP:D

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
dynomat the license plate, spray rubberized under coating under the spoiler, and spray it where the truck clips down, spray it over the hinges, down the drainage grooves at the corners of the trunk, and cover the top of the trunk in dynomat itll be better

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What setup do you have?

Anyway, It'll never go away...
Unless you cement your trunk...

But to make it better dynamat [or a product similar] works good, some rattle comes from the rear bumper [put your knee up against it while the car is playing] and some is the spoiler. If the license plate isn't tight thats another BIG cause of it.
stock head unit
mtx 1200 watt amp
just put in 2 12'' sony xplod's in a custom box and got rid of my old mtx subs

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
liscense plate is bent outwards away from the trunk so thats not it, i got under my car, put my knee on the bumper while it was playing loud, it seems to me like the whole trunk is the problem :[

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
the license plate being bent out has nothing to do with it VIBRATING. You entire under trunk lid need to have dynomat. depending how highend you go (best kind is i think lil over 100 for the kit) will depend on how much it stops the rattling.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
dynomat the license plate, spray rubberized under coating under the spoiler, and spray it where the truck clips down, spray it over the hinges, down the drainage grooves at the corners of the trunk, and cover the top of the trunk in dynomat itll be better

i have dynomat under my hood and i was woundering how much does that help at stopping it rattle

·
Registered
46 Posts
i have a 2000 watt power acoustiks amp and 2 12 cerwin vegas
i sat on the trunk and the rattle went away
so just throw 300 pounds on the trunk and ur good

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
are u suposed to spray it on the outside of the car. like over the paint.
not where it is visible just under stuff and in the trunk bay

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
or i could just drop the back seats down and put my subs back in there, it just wont thump as hard on the inside and wont sound like SO much ass on the outside

1 - 20 of 22 Posts