Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So while leaving work this morning at 7 am I noticed that when reving it up past 2500 RPMs while driving there is a rattling noise almost like something is loose... im scared something is about to fall apart or something. any idea what this could be?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its hard to say man... it sounds like it may be a possibility i guess... it just sounds like something is loosing and rattling almost... idk

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Start the car and throw it in neutral. Pop the hood and rev the engine by hand. Try to pinpoint where the noise is coming from. If it's coming from the engine it may be detonation. If you can't get a rattling noise, I'd have to say it may be a suspension component. If it happens to be detonation you can try filling up with a higher octane fuel and see if the noise stops. At that point you should check your coil pack, spark plug wires, and spark plugs. Be sure the plugs are gapped properly (.052-.054) and none of them are damaged.

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
^+1, you gotta look at the thing man, really hard to diagnose things like this thru text on a screen. Pop the hood and get under there. As Queen said you can rev the engine by hand by pushing the throttle cable bracket towards the driver's side. If its something in the motor you'll be able to tell this way. If you don't hear the noise when you do this it could be either suspension or drivetrain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts