Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving around doing some errands today and I got into a parking lot where I was first gear and noticed my tranny was making a rattling noise, similar to shuffling change on a metal table. And when I shift to 2nd I get little bit of the sound still but if I downshift from 3rd its gone. I do know I have a small transmission leak. Idk if its just dry and needs more fluid or if I'm about to lose first gear.

sent from the abyss

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The sound wasn't there before.

sent from the abyss

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay thru further investagtion it seems it might be my universal joint on the drive shaft.

sent from the abyss

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm no master mechanic, but does it do it when the clutch is engaged? I'm thinking throw out bearing for some reason
I agree with you. Until last night I wasn't noticing any difference between clutch in and out. But now when I have the clutch out but the trans out of gear I get a padding sound, so Im thinking clutch/throw out bearing also, because it goes away when I press the clutch in

sent from the abyss

·
MM Addict
167 Posts
I agree with you. Until last night I wasn't noticing any difference between clutch in and out. But now when I have the clutch out but the trans out of gear I get a padding sound, so Im thinking clutch/throw out bearing also, because it goes away when I press the clutch in

sent from the abyss
mines doing that same thing and i know for sure its my throwout bearing

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now I've come to should I replace everything? Cause the sounds gotten worse, but the clutch doesnt seem to slip at all. With my old 96 v6 mustang when the TOB went bad it made a squealing noise, am I looking at replacing just the TOB or more?

sent from the abyss

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
What is a padding noise?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its kinda like your hitting your hand on a cardboard box, or a paddle hitting a pillow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts