Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I recently had my 2008 Mustang GT lowered with Eibach PRO-STREET-S coilover kit. I have encountered rattling noise when going over bumps or uneven pavement at low speeds. The car feels tight on corners and rides great just like expected it to be. Does anyone have any input on this? I have done research on the internet but all have no clear idea of what is causing the noise. I also read that almost every coilover kit makes noise. At the time, the car is lowered about 1.5in.

http://performance-suspension.eibach.com/cms/street_performance_coil___over_suspension_systems_pro_street_s

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
thats jus the noise they make

but i would go through and chech all the nusts and bolts to make sure they are tight

( i have QA1 coil overs and mine do the same thing, the spring also pops when turning the wheel at slow speeds some times)

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
hey Zinc, do they rattle because of the spring coming in contact with the shock body?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was able to move the car side to side with my hand pressed on the rear quarter panel and I can hear rattle slightly too.

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
the springs make alot of noise

·
Registered
35 Posts
Good to know...Glad I went a different route! Could you some how put a rubber piece between the spring and the shock?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE:
After dealing with the noise for some time I took it back to the shop where they were installed. They inpestected the noise and found out it was the adj panhard bar that was not tighten properly. After all this time it was the panhard bar.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've had the same problem, I too have the pro-street-s setup...was the panhard bar once, and the sway bar endlinks another time...all self-installed...yea, sometimes we learn the hard way...but for future reference, even if the sway bar endlink bolt is only slightly loose, and the car still handles great, it sounds like the front end is gonna fall off. Lift both wheels, front or back off the ground, and try to move the sway bar, if it's loose, it'll slide with whatever bolt is loose.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
My coilovers don't make any noise.......

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
mine drove me to the point that i went back to coil springs

·
Registered
789 Posts
+1 for this thread. I just had my gears installed and it made the same noise and after reading this thread I thought Id try moving the rear end side to side to re create the noise, sure enough it made it. I then discovered the driver side bolt on the pan hard bar was loose, tightened it up and no more rattling. Saved me alot of time/ money chasing the loose bolt or taking it somewhere. So thank you!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts