Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Formerly whyxitx
12,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i have just noticed, that when i come to a complete stop, like pulling out of the driveway, or stopping at an intersection, the rear of my car seems to rattle. But, the weird thing is it only rattles when i steer at a complete stop. When i give it gas, it is completely fine. I know my spare is loose in the back, but i'm not sure if that would be the problem.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Do you have dual exhaust? If so mine rattles as well. It could even be an exhaust hanger broke.

·
Formerly whyxitx
12,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, i went out and tried to figure out what the problem was. It is my exhaust rattling, but it only rumbles when it is in drive or reverse. Any idea how to stop it?

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Take it to an exhaust shop maybe you have a broken hanger?

·
Banned
1,084 Posts
I have that problem and I have learned to like it. Its like a having a V8 while you idle at red lights

·
Registered
91 Posts
You're not fooling anyone with stock exhaust no matter how much it rumbles..

Like said, just take it to a shop and see if you can get it supported more. Odds are it is just a hanger. When the car shifts through gears it's usually rough (especially if it's an older v6) and the exhaust is rubbing against your frame.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You're not fooling anyone with stock exhaust no matter how much it rumbles..

Like said, just take it to a shop and see if you can get it supported more. Odds are it is just a hanger. When the car shifts through gears it's usually rough (especially if it's an older v6) and the exhaust is rubbing against your frame.
true that haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts