Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of Raxiom smoked projectors and was trying to replace the crappy bulbs with an HID kit I got from DDM. How the hell do you get the high beam bulb out??? I have small hands but still don't have any room to get the bulb out. You have to remove a screw and then the retention pin thingy and supposedly the bulb and housing comes out, but saying and doing it is completely different. Anyone had these headlights and changed the bulbs to either HIDs or just upgraded the bulb?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I did an HID install on a 2006 GT with raxiom halo projectors. I had to remove the front bumper and then the housings to get the bulbs out. Not a difficult job but not the quickest either. Your car may be a similar situation.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Raxiom also states that HID kits cannot be used on the projector housings but they really do fit.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm gonna get a shop to do it. I tried and got so pissed off I almost chunked it across the room.

·
Registered
148 Posts
can you snag a pic? I worked on some over a year ago, so i dont recall what they look like.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
148 Posts
once you loosen the retaining clip, it should pop out. might take a bit of a jiggle.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I let a shop do it. They look pretty good. Only thing I'm not too wild about is they stick out more than the stock ones.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I had HIDs put in as well so why not let them do it.

·
Not a Vert
1,655 Posts
Yeah I know. I was just saying. Future reference and what not incase you ever wanted to change em or if you wanted a different bulb color.

Pics of the sexy HID's :)!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I will when it's not raining here. I need to wash my B so bad!

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
I let a shop do it. They look pretty good. Only thing I'm not too wild about is they stick out more than the stock ones.
bullitt babe303,

Good to see you go taken care of. I know getting the high beam bulbs out can be kind of tricky/frustrating!

I'm looking forward to seeing pics with the HID's installed as well!

Shane

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
6000k from DDM

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'll post better pics of her clean over the weekend since its not supposed to rain. Poor thing hasn't been washed in over a month.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts