Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought them from AM and received them yesterday. Got them installed last night and installation was a breeze. Got them adjusted but they are very dim. Brights do not Hardley help at all. These are way dimmer than stock. I love the looks of them. I just can't use these I can't see hardley anything on the highway. Some are using different h9 bulbs. Some are using hid lights but it voids warranty. What is everyone using in these?

·
Lesbian Carwash
2,189 Posts
I'll get it in a little bit. They are a Chevrolet size. Which means no high beams. I am going to buy the ford type soon and file them down to fit.

Sent from my carburetor.

·
Lesbian Carwash
2,189 Posts
Right, but the Raxiom size is H9. At least if you got these projectors from them:

and even when you get the correct size its still a tight fit.

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
Right, but the Raxiom size is H9. At least if you got these projectors from them:

and even when you get the correct size its still a tight fit.

I know the bulbs that we equip the Projector headlights are pretty dim. We definitely need to start sending brighter bulbs out with them, IMO. Also, a lot of our customers run HID's with their Raxiom headlights. From what I've seen, the only people who are not having melting problems (for the most part), are low 35watt HID's. Opposed to installing the higher 55watt HID.

Again, this will still void the warranty because the headlights are not designed for HID's, but it's at option that I've seen. If they were mine, I would just opt for a brighter Sylvania bulb. That usually does the trick!

Hope this helps!

Shane

·
Lesbian Carwash
2,189 Posts
I know the bulbs that we equip the Projector headlights are pretty dim. We definitely need to start sending brighter bulbs out with them, IMO. Also, a lot of our customers run HID's with their Raxiom headlights. From what I've seen, the only people who are not having melting problems (for the most part), are low 35watt HID's. Opposed to installing the higher 55watt HID.

Again, this will still void the warranty because the headlights are not designed for HID's, but it's at option that I've seen. If they were mine, I would just opt for a brighter Sylvania bulb. That usually does the trick!

Hope this helps!

Shane
I run 55W, probably for the better pack of the year now and I haven't seen any melting issues yet.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I called AM, and the guy I talked to said that he was going to send me out an upgraded bulb. He said that Raxiom makes it but said he was more than confident that it would take care of it.

Guess we will see...if it is still not bright enough, I may consider running a 35W HID....is it just a HID bulb that you use, or do you have to get a kit? I know nothing about HID's

·
Lesbian Carwash
2,189 Posts
I called AM, and the guy I talked to said that he was going to send me out an upgraded bulb. He said that Raxiom makes it but said he was more than confident that it would take care of it.

Guess we will see...if it is still not bright enough, I may consider running a 35W HID....is it just a HID bulb that you use, or do you have to get a kit? I know nothing about HID's
It's a kit. It is powered by a ballast that charged by the wiring to you headlights.

DDM Tuning HID kits

If you decide to do it, here is a pretty good color chart:

I went 5000k, pure white.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are any of the 60 dollar HID kits off eBay good? 150-200 seems a little steep for lights...when I bought the whole assemblies for 300. I would like to do my fog lights in hid's to give them a hint of blue to match the halo's....it looks kind of goofy with reg. lights in the fogs, and the blueish tint in the halo's. On eBay...some fog light kits for 30-40 and the regular headlights for 60 give or take.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts