Modded Mustang Forums banner

Re-dye white vinyl vert top to mask yelowing stain?

659 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  FastStang91Lx 
#1 ·
The top is in good shape but the former owner left the top down for long period creating yellow stains from frame contact...doesn't clean. Will it cover with white dye maybe?

#5 ·
So IF you had a Stain on the lid...would you use the same stuff...? Painted or dyed.....what did you use? I couldn't imagine having a white bra on a dark color...

#6 ·
I used the same interior dye that I used when I redid the interior of that car. It held up fairly well, but I wouldn't call it permanant. If you hit it too close with a pressure washer (like a home one, not like at a car wash where they don't have much pressure) it would remove some of it. Dye's for vinyl are just a fancy way of saying flexible paint. The reason I did white is because the black looked stupid with the white top and white interior, but I was trying to cover some damage on the front bumper that the car had when I bought it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.