Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here ever re-sealed a windshield, or no how to do the job on a 1989 mustang GT?

my windshield is leaking at the bottom in the center of the car.

This is one of those jobs i'm nervous about doing.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Take it to a glass shop and pay like $75 for them to pull it, clean it and lay down a new bead of sealant. Unless your a glass guy, you're sure to bust the glass. Unless you must do it yourself, then get the tools to pull glass and go practice on junkyard cars until you feel confident.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Take it to a glass shop and pay like $75 for them to pull it, clean it and lay down a new bead of sealant. Unless your a glass guy, you're sure to bust the glass. Unless you must do it yourself, then get the tools to pull glass and go practice on junkyard cars until you feel confident.
great av pic lol...

if it only costs 75 i'll let a glass shop do it.

I hope like hell that there are no rusted out seams.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Take it to a glass shop and pay like $75 for them to pull it, clean it and lay down a new bead of sealant.
+1.....
it should be no more then a $100

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found the leak. it's the seal for sure on the drivers side. its dry roted and there was newer sealant over the old dry roted part of the sealant.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.