Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my car back after having the intercooler installed and re-tuned. CX Racing intercooler, 3.33 pulley, HPX PMAS, VMP housing and a Tial Q BOV. My initial baseline run stock was 242rwhp and 286rwtq, with the V2 nonintercooled it came out to 340rwhp and 356rwtq. Now with the intercooler they were able to raise the timing and play with the MAF to get the car dialed in at 381rwhp and 372rwtq. The car is totally different now. My tuner says it is a very safe tune and there is more room for growth. It is only pushing 8 pounds of boost. With a smaller pulley and maybe a power pipe he says I would be way over 400rwhp. I am actually very happy with it this way since it is my DD. I will have to switch out the spring on the BOV, because it is not opening all the way and makes a chirping noise instead of the swoosh and dumping the air. Overall I am very happy. Here is the dyno sheet.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Very nice man congrats! Those are really good numbers for 8psi.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Great job man.. I havent even got mine dyno'd yet. =/ With all the goodies i have it should sit somewhere around 405whp.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
NICE!!! That def needs to be my next move for the car.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is the sweet spot for this 4.6. How many miles on the car?
I know right....I wanted it to be between 375 and 395 so it is dead on. The car has 37000 miles on it.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Very cool man! Make sure you get the 3 psi Tial spring for superchargers. I made the mistake of using the 9 psi and 7 psi spring before I realized that the 3 psi wil stay open while normal driving.

Dis you lose much boost through the intercooler?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very cool man! Make sure you get the 3 psi Tial spring for superchargers. I made the mistake of using the 9 psi and 7 psi spring before I realized that the 3 psi wil stay open while normal driving.

Dis you lose much boost through the intercooler?
Yeah I need to get that spring quick. As far as losing boost I suppose I did. Before the intercooler I was at 8 pounds, now with the intercooler and the smaller pulley I am still at 8, so yes I guess I did lose some.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Yeah I need to get that spring quick. As far as losing boost I suppose I did. Before the intercooler I was at 8 pounds, now with the intercooler and the smaller pulley I am still at 8, so yes I guess I did lose some.
You went from a 3.6 to 3.33 correct? You probally lost 2psi. Thats why I was saying a 3.12 would be probally 10psi. Either way, for 8psi you made some really nice power.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
deff good numbers, i would keep your power where it is at for when you build your next motor. your tuner did not happen to tell you what temp your car starts pulling timing at did he?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
deff good numbers, i would keep your power where it is at for when you build your next motor. your tuner did not happen to tell you what temp your car starts pulling timing at did he?
No but I coudl find out if it is information that you would like to know.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
No but I coudl find out if it is information that you would like to know.
the info is more for you to know, with todays fuel quality sucking bad with the addition of ethanol having timing pulled when things get hot is a good way to protect your motor. 18 degrees is not real high timing but it is enough to have detonation issues when things get hot in the summer or (hot lapping) at the track. my tune used to be written to start pulling timing at 100 degrees and be full back at 110 degrees.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts