Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How the heck do you get the panels off the rear armrest area!? I can't figure out what seems to be holding it on besides the three plastic plugs behind the upper seat bracket. Does anyone know where you can find a torx socket big enough to fit the seatbelt as well?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I've taken them off before on my old car. First the upper panel has to come off if I remember right. One holds the other down.

There are 3 or four of Fords famous plastic fasteners. Dont break them. lol

other than that there isnt really anything holding the panel there. You just pull up and out towards the front of the car. This was a PITA to do to run my speaker cables the "right" way.

If you give me a bit I can check on which panel covers which but Im almost definite that the upper panel is overlapping the lower panel.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Edit: The Torx size you need wont be a walmart, you need to visit Home Depot or lowes. Possibly a hardware store. Those things are pretty massive and if I were you Id do like I did and use a set of channel locks to turn it without breaking its cheap plastic handle. I managed to bend mine. The seatbelts are on there pretty tight.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot man I hope nothing breaks, my cars already a rattle trap lol

·
Registered
689 Posts
i was told a while ago u had to take the rear seat out to get to the rear speakers... i guess thats not true

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Might be I have mine out and there is still many panels to go

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
You do not have to remove the rear seats to get to the speakers.

you can lay down in your trunk with the seats folded down and use a rachet to "drop" the rear speaker deck. The seats are not in the way. You do however have to remove the headrest thing above the seats to get to some of the bolts if I remember right, but not the seats themselves.

·
Registered
689 Posts
ohhhhh. i have a vert so all my speakers are in the plastic panels in the rear. maybe u have to remove them in a vert and not a coupe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts