Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I REALLY need some info. I took my gas tank out to replace the fuel pump because the gas gauge does not work. Sometimes it will move up right above a quarter tank even though its FULL. I have to fill up and go by the trip miles to make sure I dont run out. And it will go back down after a couple minutes of driving. Sometimes when I put the key in on position it will move up not even to a quarter just barely move. And I've got 2 codes about fuel level sensor circuit high and something else about the fuel .

Anyways I took the tank down and when I was about to remove it I noticed that the fuel pump cap that you screw down has a WHOLE DIFFERENT fitting on it. Where the tune goes that you would normally have to use the line tools to disconnect gas been removed and it has braided lines with screw on fittings and looks like the old tube has been cut and tapped for the braided line fittings

How am I supposed to replace the pump assembly if the one I bought is the stock one and wont be able to hook into those new lines.
It's an aftermarket aeromotive fuel pump with a sump at the bottom that I also had to disconnect

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
take some pictures and post them using photobucket, it's hard to visualize what you are asking.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts