Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was noticing on my car one of the wheels sticks out more than the other in the rear. I swapped the whole rear axle from a 95gt last year. ive done a lot or reading and most likely its my control arms or bushings. im about to order some, but i read a lot of mixed opinions. a lot of people say to keep factory upper control arms with new bushings, or i would have to get the torque box reinforcements if going to the track and using sticky tires. I go to the track about once a month, and my car is slow anyway. should i get the kit with new upper and lowers, or listen and just get aftermarket lowers and keep the factory ones on top with new bushings. i trust your opinions (well from some of the members)

·
902 Posts
Aftermarket would not hurt at all. and Torque boxes reinforcements would not hurt either, but if you get good upper and lower control arms with heim joints and you plan to stay stock for a while you can get away with the torque box reinforcements most likely. If you going to do the 2 why stop there, just do all 4. and remember to just do 1 at a time, alignment becomes a pain in the butt if you take them all out first and then try and line the 4 new ones up at the same time.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
My buddies does as well. We think it's from doing circle burnouts, donuts, cookies, or shitties... whatever you want to call them. He would always do them the same way around and with all the stereo weight in the rear, we think that the extra weight was causing stuff to tweek underneath as the car's rear end was trying to continue to circle as he was stopping and the tires gripped. If that makes sense how I tried to explain it.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea it was just some quick pics. but you can tell how the wheel tucks in the first picture and sticks out in the second one.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I HAVE THIS SAME PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you guys are still on the forum, did the control arms fix that problem?????????????

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
I HAVE THIS SAME PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you guys are still on the forum, did the control arms fix that problem?????????????
If you go up to faststang91lx quote and click on the link that says awesome web site, 95tbirdv8 is over on that site. Hit him up,I'm not sure if he ever fixed the problem

1 - 13 of 13 Posts