Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy an entire new rear housing thats an 8.8 inch case for my 2000 v6 that has the 7.5 inch stock. I just wnated to know if a 1988 ford thunderbird axle housing would fit my 2000 or not because i found a good deal on one i just dont know if its gonna fit it has the gears and the tlok already in it so i figured it would be easier to replace that then try to get the gears and tlok done on the 7.5

·
Registered
224 Posts
it should work. You might need wheel spacers since the tbird rearend might be shorter.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
it won't be as wide as you want it to be... yes it will fit but it will be about 2 inches to short ... an inch on both sides...

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
you can switch over your new edge axles if you wanted to unless you have a 31 spline unit... but then you will have an inch of bare axle hanging out in which case you would have to fab something up to cover that bare inch

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
i have no idea... i have never heard of such a thing i would suggest that you get a rear end out of 99-04 GT mustang

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
you can get a brand new one from summit racing goes for like $850 shipped to your door... thats only if your having trouble finding one to work for you

·
Registered
452 Posts
87-98 8.8's are all the same. You'll just need 94-98 axles to throw into the T-bird rear, and then your rear will be narrower by .75" on each side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts