Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
So say we all.
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.

On the bucket list, this is going to be Jan or Feb before I get it done, but depending on what Christimas gives me, or if I pull some OT at work, I might move it to Nov/Dec.

Would you recommend a gloss painted rear black out deck or a panel?

Panel is $194. I can probably get the paint for $75-$100. I wouldnt do it myself - I have a local custom body shop. (I like the lifetime warranty offered)

Panel:
Mustang honeycomb trim panel at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

·
So say we all.
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
or you could get this. its what i have and it pretty much looks painted. Ford Mustang Rear Blackout Panel (05-09) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
I got a 00 NewEdge. The link I posted is my years version. The upside to the panel is easy of install and the idea of doing it yourself. The downside is, taking off the emblem and most recommend getting a new one, not reusing the old.

Upside to the paint is well...it's paint. The downside...if I decide to ever change it and go back to stock, I have to pay to repaint it and I will need to get mixed paint, can use stock since Ford performance and laser red fade. (Im helping to counteract this with F21 polish and keeping it under cover everywhere but at work).

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
paint, don't care for those honeycomb things personally.

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
paint it...i did mine for under $10
no chips...runs..or anything but sexiness...it's even gone through an auto wash with no problems...and to add to the sexiness im installing smoked tails Thursday

1 - 9 of 9 Posts