Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
question for any of you who either have or know about these. On American Muscle it says that the blackout covers for the taillights and the center trim that goes between has adhesive on the back.

I guess my question is if you want to take them off.. how would you go about doing so and would it leave the paint messed up? then also would you be able to put them back on at another point in time?

Thanks,
-Adam

·
Registered
321 Posts
You can remove the tailight covers at any time in about 5 secondsbut not the center piece because the center piece is 3m tape.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea... i've seen the pick of the magnetic one too, just dont want it to get stolen 5 minutes after i buy it :/

but the one with the 3m tape, lets say i wanted it off... would i be able to take it off? and would it leave the area under it messed up?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok cool... thats what i was wondering.
thanks... me thinks im gonna order the rear blackout parts this weekend after i get paid :D

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
That is good option too Jucostud. I was looking for alittle CF to accent the CF hood I may get though.
fish nets:cool:

lay it over the area you want to paint black. then remove the fish net for the clearcoat. I did this on my skateboard and it looked pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
because tint and paint are a lot cheaper than the covers
and if you get the magnetic one it's bound to get dirt and sand a **** underneath and scratch the **** out of your paint
i'd rather just get it painted
you can wax it and keep it looking as good as the other paint on your car
no sticker can do that

·
Registered
535 Posts
Silverhorse racing has a really good looking rear panel that matches the front grille and looks like it came from the factory. It can be removed without damaging the panel or the paint. Their customer service and quality are top notch.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts