Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
you cant compress it, you have to spin the piston into the caliper. You can get the cube from any parts store that you need to fit into the two holes to spin it.

Reactions: 01BlackGT

·
Registered
161 Posts
You need the brake kit. You can rent it at any of the auto stores or purchase it. You then screw the piston back in... Man I hate those rear brakes. They screw out!

·
Registered
16 Posts
i'd recommend the compressing tool over the cube. It's applies pressure as it screws it in. Some calipers don't always like to just screw in and need a little persuation, so sometimes the cube can be worthless.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
I guess my size has helped me, never had to use the brake kit, just put some ass into it and it goes right back into the caliper

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Harbor freight has a universal kit for $10. Also make sure you don't have the ebrake on which I'm sure you already know.compressing the **** out of them can possibly damage the caliper. The twist in feature is a safety thing

·
Registered
224 Posts
another little trick i like to do is to open the bleeders when you compress them. it makes it easier to compress and it gets some fresh fluid in the caliper. close it after they're compressed all the way in. then after you get the new pads on, pump the brakes a few times and then MAKE SURE you bleed any residual air out.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
the universal "cube" they sell at advanced or auto-zone does not work. You need a special tool that is quite bigger then those universal cubes. The only store I have found to carry it is Napa auto parts. Its very easy to miss.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
the universal "cube" they sell at advanced or auto-zone does not work. You need a special tool that is quite bigger then those universal cubes. The only store I have found to carry it is Napa auto parts. Its very easy to miss.
I had to modify my universal cube by filing two prongs off so it would fit. Took about 30 seconds and then it worked fine!

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
worked just fine for me, try holding your tongue different

1 - 12 of 12 Posts