Modded Mustang Forums banner

Rear cuttoff switch mounting pictures

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  F8L GT 
#1 ·
Thinking about picking up a rear mount battery tommarow and cuttoff switch. I need the extra real estate in my engine bay so the batterys gotta go.

Anyone have any pictures of how they mounted there switch? I only want the switch so i can still run at the track

#2 ·
No pictures, but I am considering putting the kill switch somewhere in the cabin, maybe hidden under the dash or center console if I put the battery in the trunk. That way you can disable the car quickly and easily, thwart the car jackers.

(Of course, if someone jacked your car MM will start a posse and boy would that be scary! thousands of mustangs on the hunt for one of the most easily recognized mustang out there...)

#8 ·
other than running a wire from the alt you can also just disconnect the alt. thats what i use to do. That way when you on the street, some one cant just come up from behind and shut your car off

thats a big no no :no

mine

#4 ·
This is on my XR7, not my GT, but I figured it may give you some ideas.

When running on the street (kill switch is on the right, next to the methanol tank):

When I go to the track, I swap the passenger taillight out for one with a hole through it, and install the pusher assembly on the switch.

The car also has a NHRA-legal aluminum rear firewall and package shelf (since I'm not running a sealed battery box), and the subs are removed for runs at the track as well.

#7 ·
Here are a couple of pics where I mounted my switch.

Once I drilled the hole for the switch shaft, I had to drill a larger hole use a hole saw, I forget what size I used, for the switch housing to fit into the back of the trunk so the shaft protruded far enough out the back of the trunk.

You will also have to run a wire from the alternator to the switch so when you trun the switch off the engine will die. I just unbolted the cable from the fuse box under the hood and connected the wire from the switch to that wire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.