Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i tried searching...didnt find much...

ive decided to suck it up and get a new uca and bracket...

through my research i see some people swap them out, but it seems like an absolute bitch to do...will i see any added benefits to it, or enough to justify the headache?

any insight would be awesome & much appreciated.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
i have my BMR UCA and mount in storage..... i havent had the chance to put it on yet.... I dont think many here have messed with it yet, but yea.... the only thing that looks challenging is the heavy torque on the bolts while working from underneath.....

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I just changed the UCA and bracket out last night along with LCA's. Wheel hop is completely gone, however since i did them at the same time i cant tell you which part got rid of it. I would say it is worth it to do the upper arm because you can set the pinion angle to make the car bite a little harder off the line. It would be easiest with a lift (30 minute job) or if you have 4 tall jack stands wouldnt be terrible. I have the LCA relocation brackets still sitting in the box right now. I am going to take it to the track without them first and see what my 60ft times are looking like before i try those out.

Reactions: BHD

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
and as far as the bushings for the rear end i wouldnt worry about swapping them. i have them but didnt install them yet and dont plan on it unless i feel it necessary later. i have heard a lot of people complain about them being very squeaky and loud after changing them out.

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
depends how hard you want to go on suspension upgrades, if your aim is drag races then LCA's are enough IMO, I do road course, and UCA are worth every penny, I set my pinion angle to 2.2 (usually its 2-3). The hardest part is fixing it, but I can say it helped alot in the flex movement of my rear axle, I also have a PHB. Let me know if I could help :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
depends how hard you want to go on suspension upgrades, if your aim is drag races then LCA's are enough IMO, I do road course, and UCA are worth every penny, I set my pinion angle to 2.2 (usually its 2-3). The hardest part is fixing it, but I can say it helped alot in the flex movement of my rear axle, I also have a PHB. Let me know if I could help :)
intersting, most of mine will be straight line stuff...but not much in the way of track...and ill hit the twisties on the way but no track as well...i figure if im down there i might as well make it stronger...but was not sure about the bushing...sounds like its way more trouble then the benefit ill see from it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
intersting, most of mine will be straight line stuff...but not much in the way of track...and ill hit the twisties on the way but no track as well...i figure if im down there i might as well make it stronger...but was not sure about the bushing...sounds like its way more trouble then the benefit ill see from it.
LCA's are enough for straight lines, make a good search on them and see what suits you best. I really got big benefit from UCA, but as you can see I upgraded 80% of my suspension.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
^ I agree, for mostly straight line get some LCAS and relocation brackets and a set of sticky tires and you will be set

1 - 8 of 8 Posts