Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For awhile I have been trying to diagnose a problem, a Metallic Clunk noise, I always thought was the transmission. Finally after getting tired of it, I had my friend get in the car and had him roll the car back and forth. I laid down on the ground and listened, i heard the clutch engage, everything smooth, and then realized the sound was coming from the rear, not the tranny. I moved to the back and watched my rear wheels...

THE ENTIRE REAR END, Axel, Sway Bar, Brakes, everything was rolling, instead of being fixed in one location, there is at LEAST a 5 Degree roll (Up and down, Not side to side), and i think the "Clunk" is something hitting a stopping point. So today its crawling under and checking out the Torque Boxes and Upper control Arms. While on the ground nothing seemed out of place, so time to jack it up and check it out. Anyone else have and issue like this?

·
Registered
433 Posts
I do right now.....it is the control arm bushings.....I just ordered new ones yesterday....I have the Steeda UCA's and LCA's and I think its the upper Poly mounts...I ordered top and bottom for both sides.....they will wear over times...especially with hard launches...mine lasted 3 yrs cutting some mid 1.5's 60 fts......

"ED"

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I think im going to use it as an excuse to get the Steeda UCA's, i think im going with the adjustables, that way i have more options in the future and i can dial it in better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts