Modded Mustang Forums banner

rear end/clutch questions

812 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Silverfoxbody 
#1 ·
couple of questions,

i have a 2000 GT 5spd and was playing around last night and when i go in a straight line and burnout both the rear tires lock up like i want them to.
when i turn right (not spinning the tires) then floor it, only the inside wheel spins like crazy.
when i turn left, doing the same thing... both tires usually lock up and burnout like normal. can someone tell me a little about the stock lsd, and if mine seems to be on its way out?

also, i read another thread about a throwout bearing going bad. and i think mine is too. same symptoms: all gears, clutch all the way out, above 1k rpm its fine, but below that if i try to speed up theres a cshhh! noise.

how much would it be for a shop to install a new bearing? or... anything else?

thanks for the help

#2 ·
anyone? any info on this would be greatly appriciated!

~Tmac

oh, and an update: i have a friend that says i can use his shop with lifts and tools and everything to do all these installs, so the price isnt a big deal. its fo free! haha

#4 ·
k thanks, well i guess i'm just going to get a new clutch for sure. and a bunch of other stuff. but the good news is...i have a shop to work in now!!!! with lifts and tools and everything. i made a new friend last weekend and it turns out he had a cobra. so i'm happy!

#6 ·
sweet, thanks. i searched around a but for rebuild kits. can you get me a link to the best one? and where i can find that f150 s spring?

that should give me more grip then before for sure right, kuz thats what i'm lookin for!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.