Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so im about to go wash my car then probably just go to ford but when i get there i kinda want to sound like i know what im talking about as far as what could possibly be wrong. all opinions welcome. ok so my suspension and gears and everything are COMPLETELY stock on my car and im at roughly 43k miles. ive been noticing more and more lately, and especially today with the back seats down and windows rolled down, when my car is in gear, clutch is not pressed in, and i am breaking and coming to a stop there is a creaking noise coming from somewhere on the rear of the car. there is no vibration coming from the rear end and i cannot feel it in my steering wheel, and im really wondering.....what the hell could it be? thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok....nevermind taking it in. will update if anyones interested when i get it back

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, i guess if its those its a good excuse for me to upgrade lol

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
If you want to get rid of squeaky LCAs, don't go aftermarket lol. They're worse but they get better after a few miles.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do poly bushing fix that? maybe some greaseable ones?

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
I've only driven them cold and its only going up a driveway or something like that. I haven't heard the squeak in quite a while though.

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
They were greased when they were put on and still sqeaked. I knocked all the fittings off about a week later in a car wash and haven't gotten around to replacing them. Also, how did you get the dealer to fix your trans? They are still giving me ****.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
idk for sure that its my lca's or anything just yet. went to ford and they didnt have any rental cars left so i gotta wait till morning :/

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I guess I just have a good dealer? It's the only place I let work on my cars and we've got a good relationship.

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
I've never had a problem from them until now. Every other time I was in for warranty work they just said OK! and I had my car back later that day.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I guess I just have a good dealer? It's the only place I let work on my cars and we've got a good relationship.
You have a S/C and your dealer fixed your trans? I thought even if you put a CAI or something on they almost always void you warranty? Or for instance a tune.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
uh oh i hope they dont void my warranty....i have a cai AND tune lol

·
Registered
272 Posts
uh oh i hope thaey dosnt void warranty....i have a cai AND tune lol
I would return your tune to stock just for safety incase for some reason they run an update and you lose your tune and your tuner gets locked. Although I doubt they would for something that has nothing to do with that... but you never know. If you know what I mean?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yea i know what you mean. thats a good ideal ill have to remember to do that. i'd be pissed if my tuner got locked out because of something the dealer did

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
Well unless the problem is with your motor or trans, you have to pay for it anyway. You are out of your bumper to bumper unless you bought an extended warranty.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts