Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just got new tires the other day and noticed the driver side was sticking out more then the other side(about an inch) the pasenger side of the car seems to be flush with the fender but the other side isnt... it seems straight but its just sticking out on one side.. its not the tires eaither because i measured from the hub the car is lowered with a frpp hadling kit including everything but upper and lowers. i figured i would ask around before i did anything with it or brought it anywhere. thanks

·
Registered
789 Posts
That's very common on these cars when there lowered. You need an adjustable pan hard rod and an alignment and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright the rear of the car was spun around and hit a while back broke a few things but was fixed and fine... i went through it like crazy when i got it fixed but i noticed this.. ill take a look an adjustable pan hard. thanks

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
When you lower a vehicle that uses a panhard bar it will shift to one side. It just needs an adjustable panhard bar and that will allow you to center the rear axle under the body.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Spend the few dollars more and get the "on car adjustable pan hard rod".

on either side of the car at the center of the wheel hub use a weighted string taped taped the body above the wheel. take a measurement in the exact same place on both sides of the car and adjust accordingly.

·
Registered
776 Posts
After lowering my rear wheel is completely flush on one side and about 1/8" to 1/4" inside the fender on the other side.

Are other adverse effects that come along with this other than appearance and is this something that can get worse if not remedied with an adjustable panhard bar? If it's just appearance and won't get worse, I don't think it's noticeable enough for me to bother with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts