Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be a good idea to upgrade rear end with a 31 spline 8.8 T-lock and the stock axles to 31 spline from the original? Also, will the Ford Racing aluminum driveshaft be compatible with all of this? I have 3.73 gears from Ford Racing already.:sorry Main question is, would all of these be compatible with each other?

I'm planning to go FI in the future and I want to build up each of the key areas in the car. Starting with the rear end since I have 2 out of the 4 main parts. Plus getting the power to the ground is very important lol.:eek:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone?

·
Registered
753 Posts
I'm doing might up right now,,for another 100.00 bucks you can buy a new t-lok from summit racing..I'm using alloy usa axles..plus aluminum driveshaft...very good upgrade..some guys are running nitrous and drag radials..with this set up

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
just upgraded axles alone will be more than plenty for most people. a 31 is reassurance and, yes it will al tie together. i am about to do a girdle on my car, i blew a hole in my stock one. if it werent for that, i probably wouldnt do it till after i built.

·
Registered
748 Posts
guess it be ok. idk. imo, i always try to get new. idky, somethign about being new makes me feel safer....lmao, yet new parts breaks just as much as used.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
guess it be ok. idk. imo, i always try to get new. idky, somethign about being new makes me feel safer....lmao, yet new parts breaks just as much as used.
:eek::D it's from Late Model Restoration though, description says its only got a few miles on it. I might also consider that summit racing one someone mentioned a few posts back.

·
Registered
748 Posts
im going to get all my rear end parts probably form late model. good selection and good prices. supposedly good service and quick shipping. forget where i saw someones comment on them. btw late model resto is 50resto. they are the same company.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Do a search for a new "cobra" 31 spline traclok with carbon clutches. it's rather inexpensive. then throw in some 31 spline mosers with 3" wheel studs and ta performance cover. done.

and the fms aluminum ds will work with all this.

·
Registered
748 Posts
moser 31 spline axles. torsen t2r diff. motive perf 3.90s. aluminum driveshaft. girdle. install kit.

done lol.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:eek: how about something that doesn't rape the bank lol ! :D

·
Registered
748 Posts
yea i know its gonna run 1300 all at once. but a difference of night and day. the torsen costs 625. thats why, and the girdle is 200, and driveshaft 250.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was doing some reading. That Trac Lok that I found on 50resto is from 03-04 Cobras. It has carbon fiber clutches and everything. I'm buying lol !

·
Registered
748 Posts
lol im done for now. i just spent tax money. money came in slowly. money left like a bat outta hell.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts