Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I Have A FLATULENT Butthole.
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading "thewayshemove"s thread about his gears getting eaten up. It got me thinking. Do I have anything to worry about with my rear end breaking or something? All I have done to my car is catback and shortthrow. It see's 6k shifts almost daily tho... And right now i really don't feel like replacing a rear end since my wishlist keeps getting bigger and bigger and i want it to get smaller and smaller. I realize there's always some risk with beating on it, but am i putting my car in any real danger getting on it all the time? Does it hold up pretty well in stock form? What should i look at upgrading?

It's got about 87k miles

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
no/low fluid or dead hooking on sticky tires is what breaks rear ends.

Well that or sliding into a curb etc. But if you avoid the above, I wouldnt worry

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Ur good man. Keep drag radials off of it at the track and your good

·
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what about some nitto555r's? Too much for my rear end?

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
what about some nitto555r's? Too much for my rear end?
any drag radials are too much for a stick car at the track or for hard launches.

if you drive the car normaly then they are fine.

·
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What exactly is thie "28 spline" and "c-clip" stuff? Not exactly sure what it means lol

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
dunno how to explain splines to you....28 spline is stock

i assume the mosers are some kind of hardened stronger material. but still stock 28spline so they work with stock diff...

c clip is a little piece on the end of each axle that keeps them in...

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
What exactly is thie "28 spline" and "c-clip" stuff? Not exactly sure what it means lol
That is what you have in your factory rear end. Your axles & differential use 28 spline that mate to 28 spline female differential. The C-clip, is what holds your axles inside the differential so the axles don't pull out.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
dunno how to explain splines to you....28 spline is stock

i assume the mosers are some kind of hardened stronger material. but still stock 28spline so they work with stock diff...

c clip is a little piece on the end of each axle that keeps them in...
Yes, Moser 28 spline axles are stronger then the factory Ford 28 spline axles. The Moser will bend before snapping, the factory axles will snap. I have went thru 2 pairs of Moser 28 spline axles when I was mostly stock and on nitrous. If you snap an axle, there is alot of damage done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts