Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
go fast!
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are stock mach 1 rear ends reliable? Its a dd and of course I play but wanting to know if they hold up or should they be upgraded. Also all I plan on doin is lomg tube heades and exhaust and intake upgrades so with those how about the stock rear end?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
If that's all your doing to it then your rear will be fine

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
It's the same. It's fine. Plenty strong. If you add slicks or drag radials you'll want to at least upgrade to hardened 28 spline axles at some point. If you have no intention of ever adding the tires, it's fine the way it is. With the rev happy 32 valve motor you'd see a huge difference with the addition of 4.10 gears though.

·
go fast!
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool. Thanks guys I thought about 10.5 tires do you think that will still be ok or should I upgrade before switching tire width

·
go fast!
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am running stocks currently and I have no prob hooking up if I dump at 2.5-3. My buddy has a 79 rx7 with a b13 ported, roll cage and no interior and bolt ons and I take him with ease. From a roll its closer cause hes top end and I run him down in 3rd but its still a good race

·
Registered
784 Posts
i launch on bias plies at the drag strip at 4.5-5k on stock axles but considering a upgrade this winter but no problems after 70+ runs

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
i launch on bias plies at the drag strip at 4.5-5k on stock axles but considering a upgrade this winter but no problems after 70+ runs
Bias ply tires are actually easier on the rear when you launch because the wrinkle and don't snap back harshly like a radial

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
I am running stocks currently and I have no prob hooking up if I dump at 2.5-3. My buddy has a 79 rx7 with a b13 ported, roll cage and no interior and bolt ons and I take him with ease. From a roll its closer cause hes top end and I run him down in 3rd but its still a good race

If you're dumping the clutch at 3k rpms on stock tires and suspension and dead hooking, there is something very wrong with your car.

Are you sure they are stock tires?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Weak link is the 10 spline input shaft if your a 5 speed. Rear end can handle up anything you throw at it.(ofcourse I say that and you will blow it up =0) but seriously I've abused mine and never had a problem.

·
go fast!
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No I spin thru 1st but it still launches good. I'm sure id have a lot better launch with no spin but I just got the car this week and only played with it a cple times trying to get a feel of were I need to launch on street tires. Any idea of what orices are for the tires your using for the track?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts