Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get some ideas on this engine noise I am hearing. When i was driving i thought it wuz a exhaust leak at first I am grabbing my stethoscope in a bit to try and pinpoint exactly where the sound is coming from hopefully.

Car runs great I dont feel any performance loss. I am aware of the problem of spark plug threads stripping usually cylinders 7 or 8. Just thought I would throw the video up and get some other views on this and if needed I can try and get another video up if this one isn't good enough for some people.

:(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated I am new to this forum and will be on here alot from this point on. It really dont sound like a spun rod bearing and im dogging myself trying to get input because this thing is putting out around 500 horses and im loving it.

·
MM's Ginger
3,250 Posts
check the lil breather thingy that sticks out of the head oh whereyour mostly pointing at, it sounds like its missing the cap that plugs the hole and once you cover it, it should go back to normal. i lost my cap so i taped it over and worked fine until i got a new one

not sure if this is the problem but it sounds like it

fyi it looks like an F and the top part is the one with the hole

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im pretty sure it has something to do with the cylinder I poped the sparkplug wire off and nothing changed, so now I know im running 7 cylinders. I made an appointment at Auto-motion Louisville,KY gonna drop it off wednesday hopefully they can tell me what is going on. Wish I had my tools.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts