Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am offer a guy i know on another mustang forum who has 4.10 gears and posi. I was wondering if this is a good idea or not. right at the moment, i do not know mileage yet, i have not seen the the items yet to see if they are good. and they are out of a ranger year unknown. but will work for mustang and ranger with the 7.5, or so im told. The seller has all the shims and wheels bearing for the 7.5 and they have the wheel bearings and shims. any inputs?

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
MAYBE the posi. Don't get the gears though. Get new ones. Unless you just want to buy used gears and spend more money getting them lapped..

P.S. GTclone = Rice.

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
P.S. dont care. just wanted opinion on if this was a good idea for rear gears
There is my opinion. With a reason to back it up. Once you put any real torque (what your car delivers) it makes the gears a matched set at that EXACT setup. So either get new ones (cheap) or buy these and have them sent to get lapped (not cheap)

The DIFF should be fine as long as it is a real for real LSD.

Now you can take my advise or not. But.. I'm right..

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, I know that the gears have a wear pattern with a certain rear end. and my rear end is different than the rear end that is in the ranger. So the two gears had worn in with each other. What i was wondering if the mileage was low. i believe i read in a posting a while ago from the seller that there was like 15,000 miles on it because it was in a wreck and he found the rear end at a junk year like 2 years ago.

What i was saying that i dont want you opinion on whether my car is rice or not.. i did like the input for the rear gears but the rice thing just pisses me off.

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
No, I know that the gears have a wear pattern with a certain rear end. and my rear end is different than the rear end that is in the ranger. So the two gears had worn in with each other. What i was wondering if the mileage was low. i believe i read in a posting a while ago from the seller that there was like 15,000 miles on it because it was in a wreck and he found the rear end at a junk year like 2 years ago.

What i was saying that i dont want you opinion on whether my car is rice or not.. i did like the input for the rear gears but the rice thing just pisses me off.
One mile is the same a 15,000 miles. They are set. The ratio is a good ratio, but I just wouldn't recommend getting those particular gears. How much is he asking BTW? You can get a new set of 4.10s for as low as 175 from what I have seen. But if the diff is good, I would snag it up. But I would put new bearings on it and everything in the rear end while it is apart, be it you or a technician.

Better to be pissed off than pissed on the way I see it.

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
100 for all? I would do that, then turn around and sell that gears for at least 75. Then get the Diff rebuild and get a set of NIB gears from Ford or Motive.

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
No prob. Btw. I just like to piss people off. Don't get so upset next time. :p

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
the rice thing just pisses me off.
Well then you're on the wrong forum. You do ricer **** and you're going to get called on it. It might be jokingly or serious, but you're going to get **** for it. I don't know if you put GT badges on your car or not, but I really hope you're not giving GTs a bad name by driving one of the slowest V6 Mustangs made and pretending to be a GT.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No im not driving the slowest , my badges were stolen off of my car, and my rear bumper got messed up because some couldnt parallel their own car. So i found a rear bumper painted the same color as mine, for 20 bucks. i looked at it and it was really nice shape. i put it one and i also received the gt badges, because a buddy gutted his gt vert and turned it into a cobra clone with 03 cobra interior and a lincoln 4.6 dohc. and kept it and auto.

So i also did minor engine/trans work/ bolt ons to my car. Now im looking at rear gears for the car. and it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts