Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im contemplating between 373 gears adn 410s

I have a manual and iv been told that 373 are the way to go, but i wasnt quite sure

If i was to go wtih the 410s wat would my fifth gear rpms be if i was going like 65-70 mph? same q for the 373s?

i do a lot of highway driving so im kinda leaning towards the 373s but if it wont make much of a difference i might just get the 410s for better acceleration thanks for the help

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
if your on the highway 3.73s ... but since you have a new edge your rev limiter is a little higher and if you are never ever on the high way then 4.10s will be more... how do i say this... fun? enjoyable?

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
well if i got a tuner i could change the rev limiter anyways right? i always figured u could since that is controlled by the computer right? or am i wrong lol
ford controls your rev limiter by building a crappy engine ment for economy uses...

If you had say, a 4v or something your rev limit would be higher, if you had my car it would be lower...

the engines parameters control the rev limit and going above them = sure destruction

·
Registered
150 Posts
I would go with 4.10s. Its a V6 they get good fuel mileage anyway. This summer I'm putting 4.10s and a t-lock in mine.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
uhh im going about 75mph at 2800 rpm in 5th gear with 3.73's with 31 spline axles(GPS verified). but when i punch it in 5th i goes from 75 to 110 in like a ****ing second. but when i get my upgraded transmission it should be way bettaaaaaaaaaa GFORCE!!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Listen dude its really up to you. If you want a noticable acceleration go with 3.73. If u want a rediculous difference go with 4.10. Make sure u get posi-traction to. For example i have 4.10 with posi and im on the highways sometimes. Its not bad at all. Still get decent gass milage. Also if your wondering about 1st yes its short but not to bad.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
uhh im going about 75mph at 2800 rpm in 5th gear with 3.73's with 31 spline axles(GPS verified). but when i punch it in 5th i goes from 75 to 110 in like a ****ing second. but when i get my upgraded transmission it should be way bettaaaaaaaaaa GFORCE!!
damn i got 80 at 2100 or so. How much of a difference in gas does it make?

·
Registered
817 Posts
if ur not sure just go with 3.90's......

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
.59 5th FTW
90mph at 2200rpms:cool:

as far as the thread
4.10s if you dont hit the highway ever
but in a 5speed i'd really say 3.73s
1st gear is just to short if your on stock tranny gears :)

·
Registered
817 Posts
^^^^ oups my bad!!!...thanks rclearing that up for me.......know wht its not available?!?!?!?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
if your not sure do more research on the available gear options for the 7.5

3.90 is an 8.8 rear gear option
ah, i learned something new again yaaa

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
toph, from my understanding, 1st gear is really short on a manual when u got 4.10s.
also, if you ever plan on turbo/sc... or a BIG shot of nitrous, then you arent going to hook up w/ 4.10s

so if u dont mind shifting out of 1st at like 20 mph, and arent planning on getting FI, then i'd say just get the 4.10s.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts