Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do i pass emissions with my rear o2's turned off??

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Pay the guy an extra $30.

My car was going to pass emissions without cats and rear o2s off, but my CEL is on for the rear O2 heater circuit failure. Which is wierd because its turned off anyways.

Reactions: Massie02GT

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
doesnt it just plug into the obd2 tho can they just make it pass??

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
As long as the CEL isnt on, the guy can make it pass.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
And I think the readiness has to be complete

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Mine just show up as being N/A, and it throws no flags up. Same with EVAP and EGR.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
CEL needs to be off and readiness monitors need to be well, ready.

With them turned off, they will show up as "Not Ready" and you will fail. Your best bet is to leave them turned on, and splice in MIL eliminators.

You then will be able to pass via OBDII.

HTH

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Mine do not show up as "Not Ready", they show up as "Non-Applicable", and it just passed emissions 4 months ago like that. I don't even have rear O2's on my car at all....

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
How did you do that? You took yours off completley? I dont get why mine are off, but its throwing the CEL for Bank 1 Sensor 2 Circuit Fault. WTF!!!

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Yeah, I have no rear O2's on the car at all, it's got the plugs that came with the H-Pipe in the rears, and the wiring is just zip-tied up beside the transmission. Caleb turned all mine off in the tune, I asked about emissions, and he said I'd have no problem with the EEC check, as long as I could get by the visual. And he was right, I had no problems at all.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Okay cool, I might try that. Have any idea why mine would be throwing the CEL when their off? You think the heater circuit would cause the CEL? Idk its just confusing as hell.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
It shouldn't be possible for them to read at all when they're turned off in the tune.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Yea thats why Im confused? I clear it and it comes back like 40 miles later. Its wierd. Im going to get a re-tune in a couple weeks so Ill have my tuner look at it for me. If anyone has a rear O2 sensor for Bank 1 they dont use feel free to send it my way! :D

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Cool thanks man, reps for the help

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
The code is P0141 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1, Sensor 2)

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
this sucks... i don't want to drive 2 hours just to turn on my o2's and then on top get mil eliminators which i hear don't work all the time, might get a catted midpipe in the future

Reactions: Shaun13GT/CS

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Sorry for threadjacking man! I apologize, reps your way.

Just talk to the guy, for an extra $20-$30 I bet youll get a sticker

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Mine do not show up as "Not Ready", they show up as "Non-Applicable", and it just passed emissions 4 months ago like that. I don't even have rear O2's on my car at all....
That's weird. I just did an inspection on a Mustang a month ago, and it failed for them being Not Ready (he said they were turned off in a tune after I had already hooked up my machine)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts