Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So she's in the process of getting some body work started. I decided to start with the quarter panels. They are not bad the worst is the passenger side just looks like they banged it out and left it there.

That's how it looks. The indent that is in the bottom of the quarter panels was also banged out. So my question is does anyone know the degree of that bend has anyone ever done it?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll post up some pictures of it later it's down to bare metal the quarter is straight now thanks to some dolly and hammer work. I'll have to look for another 68 to template the angle of the rear quarter panel to get the right bend back

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This part was painful to do but necessary

Had to cut out the bad. Had some hammering on the wheel well also but a little work got it straightened out

Much better

This picture here shows how the bottom of the quarter panel has a sharp bend when it gets to where you attach the valance unfortunately the repop sticks out instead of bending

We decided to cut out the excess and splice the original sheet metal with the new metal

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At last the panel is welded in! Not completely finished but this is what it looks like at the moment

Still need to to a little work but it's getting there! Certainly looks better than before!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea the original metal was way gone I'm sure it could have been fixed but would have taken way too long and probably needed some bondo so this was the next best thing. It looks great. Can't wait to get the driver fender situated and start working forward on the car

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea the original metal was way gone I'm sure it could have been fixed but would have taken way too long and probably needed some bondo so this was the next best thing. It looks great. Can't wait to get the driver fender situated and start working forward on the car

1 - 9 of 9 Posts