Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've looked around the Internet quite a bit and there's only one place that I found that sells a kit that I like. But it still wasn't quite what I was looking for. It cost over $360 and made from 1/2" MDF which i think would be really heavy. So I made one of my own. I used a 3/8" hardwood ply and some aluminum brackets to hold it together. Total cost was around $60 bucks and the total weight is a hair under 19 lbs.

Don't mind the dirty carpet:eek:

Does anyone have any interest in these rear seat deletes? Likes, dislikes? How much would you pay for one?
P.S. I'm not saying that their kits are bad, they look great and I'm sure they work great too. They just weren't right for me.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I Want One!:rockon You did one hell of a job my friend...i'd buy it if you sold it for sure

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I Want One!:rockon You did one hell of a job my friend...i'd buy it if you sold it for sure
Thanks! How much would you be willing to spend after shipping? Would you want a different color? How about holes for speakers (I'm going to add two 8" subs facing forward in mine) or a hole in the top for storage?

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
similar to the one i built, good stuff

·
Registered
8 Posts
Man, that looks great! You could definitely be selling those! The fitment appears mint in the pictures. Some cut outs for maybe just some 6x9 speakers would be nice!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thanks! How much would you be willing to spend after shipping? Would you want a different color? How about holes for speakers (I'm going to add two 8" subs facing forward in mine) or a hole in the top for storage?
prolly like 250. i'd get mine in black to match the rest of my interior. i would do 6x9 speaker holes

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I've looked around the Internet quite a bit and there's only one place that I found that sells a kit that I like. But it still wasn't quite what I was looking for. It cost over $360 and made from 1/2" MDF which i think would be really heavy. So I made one of my own. I used a 3/8" hardwood ply and some aluminum brackets to hold it together. Total cost was around $60 bucks and the total weight is a hair under 19 lbs.

Don't mind the dirty carpet:eek:

Does anyone have any interest in these rear seat deletes? Likes, dislikes? How much would you pay for one?
P.S. I'm not saying that their kits are bad, they look great and I'm sure they work great too. They just weren't right for me.
hey i deff like ur rear seat delete kit and id give u 100 bucks for one, what color will u do?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
prolly like 250. i'd get mine in black to match the rest of my interior. i would do 6x9 speaker holes
That's about the price I was thinking but I still need to check shipping prices so I might be able to lower the price a bit. If your really interested in getting one let me know the exact speakers you have so I cut out the right size hole. Also I can get a few pics of the color choices.

hey i deff like ur rear seat delete kit and id give u 100 bucks for one, what color will u do?
It wouldn't really be worth it for me to sell them for $100. I might be able to do like a basic kit with no holes or any thing like that for a little less but like I said I still need to figure out shipping and stuff like that.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
is it the whole peice of grey carpet you are showing or just the part that covers the rear seats
Yes it's the whole piece and I'm sure there wouldn't be any problem with cutting a battery box hole. Or maybe you could remove the spare tire and put the box in there?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yes it's the whole piece and I'm sure there wouldn't be any problem with cutting a battery box hole. Or maybe you could remove the spare tire and put the box in there?
yea thats what i was thinking how hard is it to install/remove? where are u located? im in nyc

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I mean if I had to access the batery would I need tools? Wow definitly not close
Oh, no tools needed. The kit is 3 pieces the front two pieces are screwed together(middle pic) and then slid into place. And the back piece is just set into place and can just be lifted up.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
How much weight did it shed from your car?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How much weight did it shed from your car?
I'm not sure, I bought the car with no rear seats in it. I think I remember hearing that removing your rear seat and all the sound deadening is like 60 lbs and the kit weighs a hair under 19 lbs.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts