Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who has one? who's made their own? i want one, but i don't want to pay 170 dollars for one when i can just make one. i need the dimensions so i can start. i guess i could pull the seats out and measure it myself but if someone already has done it, it'll save me some time.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I can send you my dimensions since they are out of the car at the moment...in the mean time go grab some old skool speaker box rug/cover. Thats what they use pretty much bro..

·
Registered
141 Posts

refer to this pic to get the idea of what I'm talkin about

SEAT BACKING
45 inches across the bottom
42.5 inches across the top
18.5 inches from top to bottom

SEAT BOTTOM
49 inches across the bottom
44.5 inches across the top
23 inches from top to bottom

THICKNESS OF BOTH BOARDS
0.60mm that's millimeters :)

·
Registered
727 Posts
How bout you send me that bowl of fruit loops????

Haha just messin man.

To the OP, if you do decide to make your own let me know how it goes. I'm interested in trying this myself as well.

SnakeOver- would you mind posting the base dimensions up here any way? I feel like if I had a general idea of the size of the boards I could have something to start with and then tweek it from there until it fits. Def would be appreciated.

I would also appreciate it if you share your cereal next time :D

·
Registered
727 Posts
Thanks bro. I will definitely make mine thicker.

And they're not supposed to taste like apples- but apples AND CINAMMON!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
they are basically held in by those lil automotive type plugs and the board itself is the same thickness as the double stuffed oreo cookies filling..ummmmm I want a cookie now ahahaha

·
Slow 3v
1,081 Posts
What is the weight reduction for removing the rear seat?
Anyone weigh it?
I was wondering this myself and also on how to take the seats out.

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What is the weight reduction for removing the rear seat?
Anyone weigh it?
Rear seats (top and bottom) - 21 lbs
Rear seat belts, brackets and bolts - 9 lbs

it doesn't sound like much, but every little bit adds up.

edit: and they come out real easy. just get back there and you'll see how they come out.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Yea I want to shed a little weight but I still need the delete to be somewhat durable, since it's my dd I use the back seat for storage all the time haha. It's rare that I have more than 1 passenger anyway. Most of my friends don't like squeezing into the tiny back seat, I'm 6'2 so my driver's seat is always all the way back- doesn't leave a lot of room...

I'm pretty sure there's a thread on here somewhere about weight reduction... someone did a whole run-through on what many of the components weigh- from your A/C system to stereo to seats and sound deadening. I would like to find it...

Pretty sure the rear seat is around 40 lbs, maybe a little over. The front seats are a little under 50 lbs I think (48 sounds familiar)

·
Registered
727 Posts
Really? I thought it was more... I know the drivers seat is at least 48 especially if you have power controls

1 - 20 of 31 Posts