Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MoM Fanatic
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive done a search and couldn't find any good enough information about it and there are no how to threads about it that i could find. anybody have one and how did you make it? i have the tools and could likely whip something together. also has anybody embroidered pony or GT emblem in theirs?

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
That is actually pretty sweet and really reasonably priced!! I want to do the rear seat delete but dont know if my dad would be a fan of the idea....he's a car guy and gives me **** about all the little ideas i have and tells me how bad it'd look. haha

I would probably go with the 4.6L or the GT with the red tint in it to match my calipers. Or stick with something simple and do like a silver tint to match my paint.

EDIT: id also like to see how the storage works on that. Cause on the site he states that there will be storage space under the rear seat by just lifting it up...DOUBLE TRUNK SPACE!!!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
There isn't much room for storing anything, that's a joke! However you can install your amps for subwoofers under the seat as that is where I installed mine.

To make your own get out there and take some measurements, then get some cardboard and cut out your pattern until you are happy with the way the cardboard pattern fits. Use the cardboard to trace out your cut lines.

I used 3/4 inch MDF for mine, very strong. It does have more weight than the back seat but I can remove it in 5 minutes if I want to lose the weight.
Here's a pic of my design before I installed the mirror behind the pony cutout.

·
MoM Fanatic
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There isn't much room for storing anything, that's a joke! However you can install your amps for subwoofers under the seat as that is where I installed mine.

To make your own get out there and take some measurements, then get some cardboard and cut out your pattern until you are happy with the way the cardboard pattern fits. Use the cardboard to trace out your cut lines.

I used 3/4 inch MDF for mine, very strong. It does have more weight than the back seat but I can remove it in 5 minutes if I want to lose the weight.
sounds goos and looks great ill probably end up making it with the mdf and carpet it. i kinda want to make the steeda emblem in the back of it :eek:

I may just use this guy. Cheap enough.

http://www.crystalworks.gotstang.com/
that looks amazing but im on a little budget. looking at the image makes me wonder about just painting the mdf and having the gf paint whatever i want her to paint on it. probably wouldn't be the smoothest but it would be nice to make it look similar to this guys

·
Registered
1,990 Posts

If it is really heavier then the stock seats, then why did you do it?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Hmmmm i think i still like his designs better... i'm not much on the "its not as good as a professional but it works" mentality. :dunno

·
Registered
591 Posts
Yeah the CRYSTALWORKS guy has some pretty nice stuff. I was gonna use him but decided to go with a plain design and just did it myself for $40 and 2 hours of cuttin and installin. Home Depot or either Lowes has the precut MDF board that fits almost perfect so all you have to do is just a lil trimming.

·
MoM Fanatic
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah the CRYSTALWORKS guy has some pretty nice stuff. I was gonna use him but decided to go with a plain design and just did it myself for $40 and 2 hours of cuttin and installin. Home Depot or either Lowes has the precut MDF board that fits almost perfect so all you have to do is just a lil trimming.
do you think it reduced the weight? how much is the thinnest you would go? and i think it looks good id rather only spend a fraction of what hes asking which hes still not bad.

·
Registered
591 Posts
do you think it reduced the weight? how much is the thinnest you would go? and i think it looks good id rather only spend a fraction of what hes asking which hes still not bad.
I'm really not sure if it took a lot of weight off or not. I will say it had to do shed something because the back part of the seat is one complete metal frame that the seats are attached to and they were not light when taking them out. The seat part of my delete kit is .5 inch MDF and is really sturdy for laying stuff on top and yes you can use the two areas on each side of the hump for storage but like someone said earlier your not gonna get much in there. The back of the delete is.25 inch MDF and I have a hole cut in it to let the stereo breath. If you get the precut stuff I think the thinnest is .25 inch. The precut really made the job easy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts