Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prob gonna do this little mod

how hard, time consuming, and expensive is this?

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
cost like 150 to 200 i beleive, its easy as hell, and a big waste of time and money IMO

just leave the back seat, it saves you maybe 80 pounds tops, and i dont like the way it looks

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
and you can have it done in less then 30 minutes

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wel... it wouldnt just b an ugly carpet i would b putting my subs and amp there instead of my trunk (gives trunk back , gets rid of kinda back seat that no1 fits in)

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
well go for it if you want, they also sell a vinyl type one that looks alot better IMO, i still say keep the back seats thu

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
cost like 150 to 200 i beleive, its easy as hell, and a big waste of time and money IMO

just leave the back seat, it saves you maybe 80 pounds tops, and i dont like the way it looks
bullshit, weight reduction is some of the best mods you can do. every 100 LBS is a tenth off your 1/4.

to the OP, a RCD is not hard to do, you smple remove the bottom seat theres 2 buttons under neath it, and it pulles right out, then you unbolt the rear part, takes about 10 mins total.

also its not hard to make you own RCD just go to home depot and get some 1/4" luon plywood, and then the upholstry material, and go to town, not hard at all maybe $20 in materials, and a hour to do it.

if you were local we have a guy in the cobra club that makes them for $80, but doesnt ship them.

all in all if you take the trunk carpet out with it, its worth about 50 LBS off. remove the spare tire, jack, and iron and you just took 100LBS off your car for cheap.

every pount counts, and if you cant find a place to remove a pound, find 16 places to remove and ounce.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
i think rear seat deletes look horrible, if you wanna do weight things, go buy a battery relocater or some **** like that

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ehh would rather make my own and will i run into other problems with it being a vert?

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
i think rear seat deletes look horrible, if you wanna do weight things, go buy a battery relocater or some **** like that
a battery relocation kit only adds more weight. your going to add a bigass metal box, and even more wire.

you are really screwing up in this thread.

you may think they look ugly, but some people like them, not to mention if you have a leather rear seat you just dropped 50 pounds.

really sweet thing i like about mine is the weight saving, and i have a little storage compartment under it, i keep a 1/2 ratchet under there, and a few spare belts for when the car eats them.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
ehh would rather make my own and will i run into other problems with it being a vert?
no, no problems in a vert, ive never made one for a vert though, or seen somebody make them, only the finished product, so cant really give you any pointers.

honestly, as heavy as a vert already it, i wouldnt worry about the 50 LBS for a RCD. if your going to do that, i would just never put the top down, and take out all the electric **** for the top, theres a bunch more weight there.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol good idea

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
battery relocated gets weight off the front and onto the a tire that can potentially have traction problems

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
battery relocated gets weight off the front and onto the a tire that can potentially have traction problems
it still adds more weight, the idea is to take off weight, not add more. screw a relocation kit, they probably add a good 30-40 LBS after the box, and the wire.

if anything, the oddyssey battery, and tray, reduces 35LBS over the stock battery.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
no, no problems in a vert, ive never made one for a vert though, or seen somebody make them, only the finished product, so cant really give you any pointers.

honestly, as heavy as a vert already it, i wouldnt worry about the 50 LBS for a RCD. if your going to do that, i would just never put the top down, and take out all the electric **** for the top, theres a bunch more weight there.
doesnt that basically contradict what you just said earlier, not to mention agree with what i said earlier, every pound counts according to your post so why doesnt he stripp the stuff for the top and delete the seat in that case

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
weight taken off the front end is a valuable assest

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
uhhh if i do take the motors out would i be able to put the top down?

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
doesnt that basically contradict what you just said earlier, not to mention agree with what i said earlier, every pound counts according to your post so why doesnt he stripp the stuff for the top and delete the seat in that case
no, not one bit, before spending $$ to do the RCD i would take the pumps and crap out for the top that will save more weight, and cost nothing but time.

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
manually....

as long as ur not a pussy

1 - 20 of 52 Posts