Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide whether to go with strange 10 way adjustable rear shocks or the tociko hp series which is what eveyone seems to be using. They are both around the same price so I'm looking more toward which is the better ride, rather which one will fit my bank better. If anyone has any experience with either of these shocks I would like to hear the pros/cons. Also is there a write up on how to change the rear shocks on here? I can't seem to find one thats not about the struts.

·
Registered
997 Posts
for an everyday street car. the tociko hp will do you just fine. :yes

but im a stange person :D so i would go with the ajustables :D
but i like having ajustabilitly for my car.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I would decide based on how likely you are to adjust them. Unless you get the remote settings, and do alot of track driving and daily driving, the adjustable is probably useless.

Most people will never set the adjustables so its not worth it. On the other hand, if you go to the track alot and want to be able to adjust to really soft for the strip and then harder when you drive home, the adjustables are the way to go.

I would say for a total daily driver, the non adjustables are better. But for someone who will adjust it, and does alot of back and forth, or more road racing type driving, the adjustables would be better.

Hope that helps.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i have the hp's i like them. for the price and for average driver, they are great. ride quality is good and fitment is strait forward as well.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Oh I forgot about the install. I believe someone had a set of instructions somewhere. The instructions go like this.

1. jack up car by the subframe. let the suspension hang down.
2. Undo the quad shocks and loosen the front Control Arm bolt a couple turns.
3. Now unbolt the shock from the bottom and unscrew the top from inside the trunk.

Its extremely straight forward, and I believe Maximum Motorsports has a description with pictures if you really can't figure it out.

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
I have the 10 way adjustable shocks and I think they are ok. if they are around the same price why not get the 10 way adjustable ones? Even setting them once or twice so you get the ride quality you want should cover the difference over just getting stuck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts