Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time to replace my rear shocks on the stang, I'll be working on the front suspension next month.
I'm looking for suggestions in my search for "the best" rear shocks for my 98 GT. The car is lowered and I'm running 315/35/R17 DR's in the rear. I'll be be racing it this year and want a shock that will help keep the tires on the ashphalt. I haven't had any wheel hop in the past (except when I hit a bump at launch) and would like to keep it that way! It's got Motorcraft shocks on it now which were fine when it was stock, now it's modded out and needs a good suspension.
I've heard Tokico are a good brand....suggestions?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
There are no Koni yellows for the rear. At least not that I have seen.

Do you want adjustable or not?

Tokico Illumina's are the best drag adjustable out there. (aside from some really freakin amazing race only type pieces). They are very strong, very good shocks. And you can adjust them back to normal or a more road course type setting and go carve some corners too.

Non-adjustable. It depends on your springs. I always recommend Bilstein HDs. They are my favorite, but if you don't want to go quite that much you can get some Tokico Blues. They are a very good shock also. Not quite as good as the bilsteins, but still very good.

There are a lot of other options out there, but stuff like the eibach and edelbrock and KYB's are really only good if you plan on having a show car with lowered springs.

There is a section on shock options in my suspension guide. There is written out table.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
PS. Your username is not by any chance a refference to the Simpsons episode where Homer changes his name?

"From now on there are only 3 ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way, and the Max Powers way." - Homer

"Isn't that just the wrong way" - Bart

"Yes... only faster..." - Homer

Gotta love the old school Simpsons.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PS. Your username is not by any chance a refference to the Simpsons episode where Homer changes his name?

"From now on there are only 3 ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way, and the Max Powers way." - Homer

"Isn't that just the wrong way" - Bart

"Yes... only faster..." - Homer

Gotta love the old school Simpsons.
Actually, I became MaxPower quite few years ago, I got it from an old TV episode that I can't remember at the moment. Homer borrowed it from me lol! I do like the reference and song Homer did....should link it to my avatar!!

Thanks for the shock info by the way, thanks to everyone that replied! I will prob go with adjustable Tokico Illumina's, they're what I'm lookin for.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts