Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok i got a solid axle in my 03 , i used the stock 97 cobra rear spring off the same housing im using..the problem is on side sitting about 3/4 to 1 inch higher then the right side.. iam wondering how much i should cut off this spring?

a full coil? on the rear at the top they got a tapped edge on them to make it sit flush in the isolatar.. if i cut it it will be sharp?

i was going to swap springs left to right so forth, but im rear end is wiggling around with just 1 spring off? the car been wrecked hard too.but was pulled out to spec.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i cut 1 whole coil from the spring top. it did lower it within 1/4 in of the other side.
so when i sit in it , it should be even.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got to cut 1/4 more off it .or i got a smin that come with my lower control arms where i can shim the other side up.

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
so let me get this right the other spring is just worn and its sitting at that height? are you sure you have both dog tails pointing towards the drivers seat? with that much of a height difference i would find another set. there has to be something wrong with that one thats sitting lower.

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
yeah but then it was said that it was pulled back into spec...... maybe its still way off.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im thinking the spring i got off the parts car must have been parked sizeway on a hill or something.
im just trying to get the car level . its almost there.1 coil on the rear is not much if you where to look at a stock spring for an sra. its not even cuting off 1/2 inch total height of the spring >1 coil that is. post a pic of a stock spring 'i'll show you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts