Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of lately I have been collecting parts for my rearend. So far collected: UPR pro series suspension kit, Maximum Motorsports XL subframe connectors, Ford 31 spline axles, 31 Ford racing posi diff and 4.10 gears.

The shop doing my work is a good friend of mine and his shop is Mike Ward Racing LLC (Ohio) and we will be doing this work throughout this week and next. I will be posting pictures as we do the build. Eventually we will be also putting on Afco coilovers but that will be towards the end of summer.

I will be running a 275 50 15 hoosier radial.

I am pretty excited only had the car for about 6 months. 20 years old and trying to do things right by building my suspension before I make too much power to hook up. Trying to build a good foundation.

Tell me what you all think!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sounds like a plan. Are you going to use power adders later ie. Supercharger turbo or spray or are you planning on staying na?

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Good job man I can't wait to see some pictures, nice move on building the other **** before you can't control it

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sorry bout the double post idk what happen

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol. is cool i thought it was extra special just the same two guys twice.hahahaha. I plan on building a 5.4 dohc and spray the guts out of it. like 300 or 400 shot.

·
Registered
135 Posts
We noticed that about the same time lol

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sounds like your getting a good start for the foundation. If your going to spray that much and you have a strong running motor id say your gonna need to built the hell out of everything. Tranny next?

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Yeah haha I don't know what happend, good like with the 5.4 dohc, I got my hands on a 4.6 dohc and im excited about that lol

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its going to be a lighting block and crank forged rods and diamond pistons. and a nice set of nitrous sticks. yeah i plan on doing the trans whenever it blows and its going to eventually.

·
Registered
135 Posts
+1 if you can afford it. It'd be cheaper to upgrade before you break it

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
with your final goals, I would look into getting a relocated upper control arm set up either from team z or baseline. it will be a huge improvement over the conventional style UCA's

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
with your final goals, I would look into getting a relocated upper control arm set up either from team z or baseline. it will be a huge improvement over the conventional style UCA's
:yes:yes

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
the change in suspension geometry

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
the relocated uppers are way better for drag,

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
relocating the axle pickup points for the control arms (weither upper like F8TL GT's or lowers like mine) corrects the factory built in instant center issues inherent to our rear suspensions & instead of the rear of the car squatting (which is actually a secondary reaction to the rear axle trying to pick the tires up), the rear of the car raises (while the rear axle is trying to push the tires down).

it comes in very handy at the track, but is not always the best thing (especially when you do the lowers) for handleing.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts