Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any opinions on these up and lower control arms. I am thinking about ordering them and always like to run stuff past you all first.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I got their (J&M) tubular ones (steel) on my 05. Good workmanship, easy to install & greasable. I run their Upper (adjustable) and lower (non Adjustable) with the Ford Racing K-springs and my car hanldes very well. Price is good too. I use their drop backets too (on the lowest hole), no more wheel hop.......

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet.... have you ever had to adjust the pinion angle? I was thinking about getting the adj ones but I really like the billet lowers and thought if I need to adjust them I could do it from the top link....

·
Registered
662 Posts
Sweet.... have you ever had to adjust the pinion angle? I was thinking about getting the adj ones but I really like the billet lowers and thought if I need to adjust them I could do it from the top link....
Nope, with my 1 1/2" drop the angle was within limits and I had no noise or vibration. The J&M adjustable upper arm comes preset to the factory lenght but you can adjust it to whatever your angle you need (or want) very easy. You realy dont need the adjustable lower ones unless you are a hardcore racer and want to fine tune your suspension to your preferences.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
BMR is a good manufacturer too for suspension parts. good crafted and workmanship parts.

now when it comes to buying the right ones, it all depends on what the future of your car is going to be.

if your going to keep your car stock height and pretty much just want better traction that stock. then go with non-adjustible upper and lower control arms.

if you plan on lowering the vehicle, then I'd invest in non-adjustible lower control arms and an adjustable Upper control arm. you will need the upper one to recalibrate your pinion angle. you will also need the lower control arm relocation brackets as well if you lower the car.

the only time I would recommend both adjustible LCA and UCAs is if your a serious racer at the track.

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the car is already 2" lowered... I bought it that way... it will never be a daily driver but I might drive it a lot for fun. I like the bushing setup and the explaination of why it is good makes sense to me... the price is about the same as the other brands on the market and I wouldn't mind a little Billet under there..

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hey let us know how that works out for you ! I've also been looking at the J&M's as the spherical ball inner made alot of sense rather than straight up Poly for roll.

The cheapest I have found the J&M stuff is through LMPerformace.

Reactions: 2006greyGT

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
guess I gotta dress up my threads a little better because I know there are more regulars in here that have LCA's.
Black... thx for the 411 on LM Performance. saved me bout 20....

·
Registered
335 Posts
Glad to help ! Let me know how they work out and how much of a pain in the rear they are to put in.

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the main thing about the ones I chose are the design of the bushings... they are just different and the description sold me...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts