Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was gettin on the highway the other day and i was on it pretty good and it felt really weird. it felt like the rear was like moving around on me, especially when i banged gears. any ideas what it could be or how to fix it?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is there a good brand to get or is a lower control arm a lower control arm. I was lookin at maximum motorsport lower control arms because you can adjust the ride height. so when i lower it i can raise the back a little if i need to.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
What exactly are you talking about? Can you explain more? There was vibrating, the rear end was clunking around, it was wobbling? I'm not sure what you are describing so its hard to recommend a direction.

And yes, I highly recommend Maximum Motorsports. Much better part than most places and not a bad price considering the quality.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
basically when i shift hard it like moves around in the back almost like its got rear steering a little bit. it was really bad when i changed lanes, the back end was all over the place. i dont know how to explain it real good.

·
June 2010 ROTM
1,913 Posts
Maximum Motorsports is top quality, but if the guy just uses the car as a daily driver, its not worth paying upwards of $500. for a set of weight jackers... $390. + tax, and then to have them installed.

There are many good parts that would do you just fine. Also, if it is the Lower control arms, if you look in any of the large boards like Corral, Modular Fords, etc. you can find a good used set for about $100 bucks.

But first, check to see if the bushings are shot. Your Lower Control Arms are what hold the rear end in place.

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
The type of driving one does should determine the type of LCA one gets... what is it?

Jazzer :)

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
^ I am not a fan of such an LCA/UCA as they fight axle articulation and create additional bind that leads to snap-oversteer (above and beyond that created by the stock ones!). I recommend one pick up a set of LCA's with a spherical end* to help eliviate.... eleviate.... eleavheate.... DARN :mad:, I can't spell alleviate some of this bind.

To go one better, install a spherical end on the UCA's. To go MUCH better.... install a WL or PHB and torque-arm and REALLY tame that beast out back.

*The Good Reverend prefers the spherical end on the torque-box end of LCA and I would whole-heartedly agree :D

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
^ only if you plan to do lots of launching on sticky's, would be a good idea. I like the following LCA's:

UPR Pro Series (DD and some 1/4 use on street tires)

Griggs MCA 4500 N-99* (DD and lots of 1/4 use on DR's)

* Order MCA 4500 S-99 for OEM spring location

It certainly won't hurt to do torque-box re-inforcement, but not generally not necessary for DD use. I have run the Griggs LCA's above for two years and has not been done and no issues. I have NEVER dropped the clutch and spun the tires, nor 1/4 miled my ride..... never will.

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
^ I believe they differ in the diameter of the bolts use to attach them, but would CONFIRM the year to the place you purchase ANY parts for your ride :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
PM me if you want or find out that you need a set of lowers. I have a set of MM HD height adj lower control arms for sale...they are New and in the box. I had to decide which route to take, I ordered rear coil overs and forgot I ordered these. Went with the rear coil overs instead and now have these laying around. Every time I look at them I want to install them they look real good, so take this temptation away from me lol. I wont kill you on the price, but it will be a good fair price and shipping will be included in the price.

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
it could be your upper torque box ripping out. same thing happened to me. it felt like whenever i hit the gas or let off the rear end would shimmy to the side. i replaced the LCA's with MM HD LCA's which are very nice, but it still did it. later on i broke a brake line and realized the upper control arm mount (torque box) was ripped out and it came back and broke my steel brake line. so i went to an MM HD torque arm and panhard bar and now the car is rock solid going around corners in the rear.

·
Registered
113 Posts
ya im having the same problem my ass end is everywere wants to go sideways then i shift again the ass end just pulls hard to the right

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.