Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to do some more upgrades to try to get more hp to the pavement, so far I have installed Steeda full length subframe connectors, UPR upper and lower control arms and (urethane?)bushings, 3.55 gears and trac loc rebuilt (new clutches) Tokico Illumina 5 way adjustable shocks and struts, new King Cobra clutch kit with new billet steel flywheel. What other upgrades would you guys reccomend???

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
sticky tires, rear looks good, now it's time to concentrate on the front

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sticky tires, rear looks good, now it's time to concentrate on the front
What suggestions do you have for the front besides a tubular K member? That's already on my list!

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
What suggestions do you have for the front besides a tubular K member? That's already on my list!
coil overs,or drag shocks whatever fits the budget the best.A-arms.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
for dragracing remove the front sway bar and get a set of 90/10s

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
umm back to the rear end..rip out those stock 28spliners...put in some moser axles...might as well do 5lug conversion at same time...and i'd get a thicker rear sway bar...do you have an aluminum driveshaft? also i'd look into some 90/10 front struts and 50/50 shocks out back

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How is the ride with those shocks and struts? this car will see the strip occasionally but will be a more of a street car, but I want it to be able to get on the throttle and it stick when the time comes.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
How is the ride with those shocks and struts? this car will see the strip occasionally but will be a more of a street car, but I want it to be able to get on the throttle and it stick when the time comes.
its hard to get anything to hook on the street.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
i don't have any problems, my car has an auto and it hooks really good on the street, i roll out just a little and floor it and it hardly spins at all, i beat a 10 sec big block monte with nitrous and 12 inch slicks on the street, i left him big time

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
umm back to the rear end..rip out those stock 28spliners...put in some moser axles...might as well do 5lug conversion at same time...and i'd get a thicker rear sway bar...do you have an aluminum driveshaft? also i'd look into some 90/10 front struts and 50/50 shocks out back
he doesn't need 50/50s he's got adjustables, 28s will be fine especially on the street, and a 5 lug conversion isn't necessary

·
Registered
146 Posts
i would reinforce the tq boxes look into the pan hard rod set up go with a aluminum drive shaft get a diff cover also look into an electric fan setup and underdrives also relocate the battery to the trunk

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i would reinforce the tq boxes look into the pan hard rod set up go with a aluminum drive shaft get a diff cover also look into an electric fan setup and underdrives also relocate the battery to the trunk
Reinforced the tq boxes when we put in the sub connectors and have the underdrives on already. I'm currently looking into the fan and battery relocation. The aluminum driveshaft will have to wait a little bit, can't afford $300 just yet. Thanks for all the input and suggestions!!!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Sorry for the derail, but I noticed you have the UPR U/L CAs. Non-adjustables? How do you like them? Thinking about picking up a set...

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry for the derail, but I noticed you have the UPR U/L CAs. Non-adjustables? How do you like them? Thinking about picking up a set...
They are the non adjustable and there great, noticed a big difference once I installed them. There are probably better, more expensive ones but these have been great for me.

·
all motor
576 Posts
rear girdle for sure. i have a steeda and lpw, and like the lpw best cause it was cheap edit- also if your driving it on the street, i would keep the front sway bar on. imho

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
rear girdle for sure. i have a steeda and lpw, and like the lpw best cause it was cheap edit- also if your driving it on the street, i would keep the front sway bar on. imho
Rear girdle??? Is that the the same as the rear end cover, 10-12 bolts fasten it to where you install your gears and such?? ? if not please explain.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts