Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well i have a Qa1 tubular kmember and upr coilovers up front, but i want to get the rear suspension done as well. i have sportlines out back, but stock upper and lower control arms. what brands are recommended? and i read that the spherical bushings are bad? also with my TT kit the turbo manifolds sit so low that i cannot bolt my sway bar back on. so is my front suspension gonna be sloppy? i ordered the regular ride/lowered car spring stiffness with my kit because i didn't know that the sway bar wouldn't fit. now i wish i would have ordered the drag racing spring stiffness and set it up for track.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
poly bushings are bad. spherical is the way to go

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i heard the spherical bushings on the uppers bind up?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
poly bushings on the uppers bind, spherical have lots of movement. poly is just hard rubber. they dont move to easily

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so get sphericals on uppers and lowers then?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
i run poly lowers and spherical on the body side of the uppers and the stock rubber on the rear end

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
any specific brand of control arms better than others?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sweeet thanks, my mechanic is a upr products wholesaler. i need the double adjustables cause my rear wheels arent' "aligned". they both point slightly counterclockwise.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Sway bars are used to add body-roll control when the springs are not sufficient (usually as a compromise for ride quality). If you don't have room for a swaybar, that's okay, but you'll need to up your front spring rate to compensate.

Others have already clarified the poly/spherical issue, so I won't beat that particular dead horse.

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
dude I love mine, figured out where I like them for my launch, where I like them for just driving, and its funny to tighten them up all the way and take a passenger for a bumpy ride. For me, its worth having the adjustable, even if you only adjust them to get what you like once, then never touch them again, you have exactly what you like, and the option of changing if you ever want to.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i have the stock shocks on it 4 now. this is mostly gona be a street car, and i doubt i'll be gettin on the throttle near many turns...id be afraid of losing it (bad experiences in the past). Yeah i'd like to get some strange adj's eventually.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts