Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am wanting to lower the rear of my car and stiffen it up. I already have the front on coil overs. I run the upr 12inch #250lb springs , with strange 10 way adjustable and bump stops and i am happy with how it sits and the ride quality. So for the back I have looked at UPR's rear coil overs that come as a complete set with viking shocks and Q1a complete coil over set up. I am also looking into upper and lower control arms. Was thinking of running UPR's upper and lower control arms. This car rarely sees any track time and is mostly a weekend car that is street driven so leaning towards a set up that is more friendly for that... thanks in advance... its also a 99 gt

·
Registered
979 Posts
I haven't driven my car since putting the UPR 12-250 coilover setup in front, but I ran they're coil springs front and rear with the rear pro LCA and UCA (adjustable) and it has done everything I wanted it to. If you aren't seriously pushing the limits, I think you can away with a good spring/shock combo and a nice LCA/UCA. IMO coilovers are a pain for the rear compared to the ease of doing coilovers on front.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already have H/R lowering springs in the back.... now with how low the front sits, the rear looks stupid so i am just trying to even it out. I wasent very impressed on the difference the H/R springs made honestly.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I already have H/R lowering springs in the back.... now with how low the front sits, the rear looks stupid so i am just trying to even it out. I wasent very impressed on the difference the H/R springs made honestly.
The H&R drop is like 1.5 to 2" if I recall correctly...if that isnt low enough to match the front, then the front is too low in my opinion...It is your car so the decision is yours, but I would say raise the front rather than slamming the back more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts