Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i was driving today and i took a right turn and next i hear CLINK CLANK CLANK. Having dropped my whole gas tank before i figured my tank had fell off cuz i didnt tighten the bolts enough but after inspection the rear sway bar snapped, guess i had to much fun in the winter drifting around in the snow and i cracked it and now it finnaly snapped.

Now i was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on what new sway bar to go with, what brand and also what other fairly cheap upgrades i should try to do while i got the back end up for the sway bar. Budget is probably 500$ would be more but i just dropped about 800$ for a huge brake upgrade.

Im gonna take the old one off tonight it snapped right where the bolts are pretty much the bolts held like some champs but the bar itself i guess just wasnt strong enough for my fun driving habbits lol.

·
Registered
108 Posts
HAHa I did the same a while ago. I ended up just going to a junk yard and getting another one from a Gt. if you do make sure it is not the V6 mustangs their sway bars are not as thick.

I didnt feel the money was worth buying a performance one.

·
Registered
356 Posts
If you want to go the used route I have the one off my GT that has never seen a winter. You can have it for the cost of shipping.

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
If looking to remove some likely understeer, I can recommend the MMRSB #5 as a great alternative to the OEM :yes

It is adjustable and has better geometry than stock location. I have the bolt-on kit and takes a few hours and some mechanical skill to install, but well worth it.

Jazzer :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HAHa I did the same a while ago. I ended up just going to a junk yard and getting another one from a Gt. if you do make sure it is not the V6 mustangs their sway bars are not as thick.

I didnt feel the money was worth buying a performance one.
Good point 150-200$ for a bar with my small upgrades is pretty steep, i think id rather get some steeda pulleys for 200$ and put those on. Although il definitly keep the sway bar Jazzer mentioned in mind whenever i do decide to do the suspention i might just take it to the local maxmimum motorsports shop to have the whole suspension system done over, iv seen a couple ricers with the huge MM sticker on the windshield around my area.

If you want to go the used route I have the one off my GT that has never seen a winter. You can have it for the cost of shipping.
Hell ya man that would be so awesome and help me out a bunch! Because the stock one held up now for 15 years and without any suspension mods on my car im sure a used stock one would be fine. I need to get some more horses first :D But il send ya a PM for details thanks a bunch!

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
I swapped in the steeda HD bar when mine broke. It's not too steep and does a good job, definately better than the stock bar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts