Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this may be a lame question but I will ask anyway. Now I know that I have a -1.1 degree camber on the front which is why the tire are wearing on the inside half more then the outer half, but is this normal for the rear? Both rear tires are wearing on the inside half of the tire and I am not sure why. Do these cars come with some sort of negative camber from the factory on the rear axle? I know that we can't really adjust it but just wondering. The wear isn't all that excessive maybe 1/32 more wear on the inside of both rears, just want to know if this is an area that would need some attention before getting new shoes.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what I thought. The weird part is that both rear tires are wearing the exact same way. I would of thought that one tire might wear like that and the other be fine, but they are the same.

They were at one point on the front but that was like 6-7K miles ago and I would think they should wear back to even at this point, no?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now that I think about it, thats probably it. The inside is past the wear markers and the outside is just touching them. I'm just trying to get every last bit out of these Pirelli's before I get me some Nitto 555's.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
I wouldnt worry about it bro. You need to replace those tires though. You should be replacing them at 4/32's... Not 1/32 lol.
Why would you replace your tires at 4/32's??? I would just wait untill I was down to 1/8th..... ;)

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You need to replace those tires though. You should be replacing them at 4/32's... Not 1/32 lol.
For some reason I find it a waste if I ditch the tires when they still have some life left as little as there might be. I took a look at them last night and for sure will not get the entire summer out of them. I plan on replacing them sometime in July, which they should make it until then.

Well at least at 1/32 tread left they never wear out when it rains since they hydroplane on top of the water!! Very scary though, when your car transforms to a jet ski.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Swap the tires on the rims. I run a bit of camber on the front and about every 6 months I have the tires switched from side to side on the rims. I can't rotate my tires since they are directional and staggerred so this is the best bet to get more life out of them in lieu of rotating them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts